Gucci Smashed in Store

AllBoys4Babs

Jan 7, 2019
I took my black Gucci Marmont into the store in December because there was some weird stuff on the edge of the leather handle. The SA told us it was glue leaking out and they would send it away to be repaired. She was surprised the bag was over a year old because it was in pristine condition, other than the glue. I take great care of my bags and rotate them. I went to pick it up today and the purse was smashed. Creases on top, bottom and sides. It looks like someone sat on it. And there is a rough spot on the handle. The manager told me ”that is where they got the paint off that you got on it.” No, there was never paint on my bag. Then she said it was my fault it was smashed because I didn’t wrap it up correctly. When I took it in to the store I had no idea they would be sending it out and they told me they would take care of it. They took pictures so “they could make sure it came back in as good condition as it went out.” Now they are sending it out again, as if that can be fixed. The manager couldn‘t have cared less. Is this typical? I take great care of my bags and have never had to send one out or had a bad experience with a boutique. What should I do now?

That's horrible! I hope that you elevate this further to a different manager and/or reach out to Gucci corporate. They should not have destroyed your bag like that, and you have photo proof! If it cannot be repaired, they need to replace the bag.

Ugh, ya, I agree with the above poster. I would elevate that to a different manager or corporate. That is really terribly handled on Gucci's end, how frustrating for you.

Reactions: mrs.JC
That is infuriating... and you should definitely let someone know. I know if I was treated this way, I would never shop with Gucci again and I would make sure everyone I talk to about purses, knew my experience also. Best of luck.

You should absolutely seek justice for this situation, no matter what it takes. I would wait & see what happens when you receive your bag again.. Hopefully when you go to pick it up, they will have a brand new replacement ready for you. But if that’s not the case, & you’re once again offered something sub-par, ask for someone higher up. If that doesn’t work call the 800 number. Keep working your way up the ladder until you’re successful. Be polite & patient but also don’t give up until you receive the level of service that you’ve paid for.
I don’t have any personal experience with this sort of thing with Gucci, but this is what I would do. Remember kindness goes a long way.:heart:

Reactions: 2gr8
I took my black Gucci Marmont into the store in December because there was some weird stuff on the edge of the leather handle. The SA told us it was glue leaking out and they would send it away to be repaired. She was surprised the bag was over a year old because it was in pristine condition, other than the glue. I take great care of my bags and rotate them. I went to pick it up today and the purse was smashed. Creases on top, bottom and sides. It looks like someone sat on it. And there is a rough spot on the handle. The manager told me ”that is where they got the paint off that you got on it.” No, there was never paint on my bag. Then she said it was my fault it was smashed because I didn’t wrap it up correctly. When I took it in to the store I had no idea they would be sending it out and they told me they would take care of it. They took pictures so “they could make sure it came back in as good condition as it went out.” Now they are sending it out again, as if that can be fixed. The manager couldn‘t have cared less. Is this typical? I take great care of my bags and have never had to send one out or had a bad experience with a boutique. What should I do now?

So sorry, outrageous

Do you have any pictures of when/just before you took the bag in?