Gucci price increase

Gucci is always having price increases. Mostly, they are not across the board. The only time to buy a bag (or anything) is when it comes out, because if they get a hint it's popular, the price shoots. Most 1955s have gone up twice since it came out last year.
Ohhh that is interesting to know. I really don’t follow that closely. This was first time I have dipped back in a while. I know they were less money! Lol. Too bad they raised it. I really felt the price point under 1k was pretty awesome. Thank goodness I got the items I fell in love with at the price I got them at before the increase. It was just a stroke of timing. Thank you!

I was just on their website and this bag I bought a few months ago for $980 and it is over $1000?

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/men/...ge-gg-supreme-messenger-bag-p-476466K9GVT8856

And this one I was looking at I swear was also under $1000 as well and now it is not... LOL

https://www.gucci.com/us/en/pr/wome...hidia-gg-small-shoulder-bag-p-5981259IK3T8745

What did I miss? LOL

Yep, the second one did go up, it was $980 when I bought it in October, the price went up a month or so ago. Shame - the fact that it isn't a tiny bag and was below $1K was a big selling point for me. The Soho Disco also went up by, I think. $60.

Gucci is always having price increases. Mostly, they are not across the board. The only time to buy a bag (or anything) is when it comes out, because if they get a hint it's popular, the price shoots. Most 1955s have gone up twice since it came out last year.
This could be in reverse as well if the product doesn't perform well?

• Haha
Reactions: Monoi
Yep, the second one did go up, it was $980 when I bought it in October, the price went up a month or so ago. Shame - the fact that it isn't a tiny bag and was below $1K was a big selling point for me. The Soho Disco also went up by, I think. $60.
Yea I have the receipt and thinking how well I scored because it was such an awesome bag at less than 1K. The other one I was watching too, but I do not love it as much. It is only ehh for me. I love my NEO vintage one.

I was wondering the same thing. I was on their website recently, and noticed some of the things I was looking at before seemed to have gone up in price. However, the Marmont that I bought is the same price as when I bought it.

Reactions: pandorabox
I'm actually annoyed by the price increase as well. I wanted the marmont canvas small shoulder bag, which was $980 in April 2021, now it's $1100. If I want to spend a g, it better have more leather or better improvements to warrant the $200 increase.

Reactions: JD1123 and bender
I was looking at the dionysus woc and at the beginning of the year it was €990, then about a month or so ago it went to €1,090 and yesterday there was another increase to €1,200!
I was OK with the first increase but wasn't expecting another one less then 2 months after one.