Gucci Marmont Strap Discolouration?

0Mary

May 28, 2018
Hi! I’ve had my Gucci marmont for almost a year and have only worn it a few times. I noticed today that the strap had weird white marks on it only in a certain place. Is this happening to anyone else’s purse? It’s not a big deal just curious if the leather needs to be treated/conditioned. Thanks!

Bumping this for OMary, can anyone help?

@Mary as you can see I altered the title to reflect the specifics of your question. Can you show us (in a photo) what you mean exactly - as I'm thinking the 'strap' should be a chain). If it's only on the leather part of the chain it could just be 'bloom' in which case just polish with a dry, clean, soft cloth.

@Mary as you can see I altered the title to reflect the specifics of your question. Can you show us (in a photo) what you mean exactly - as I'm thinking the 'strap' should be a chain). If it's only on the leather part of the chain it could just be 'bloom' in which case just polish with a dry, clean, soft cloth.

Hi thank you so much for replying to me! It really isn’t a big deal at all and I feel silly even asking about it but I am a perfectionist and want everything to look new if possible. The top of the strap just looks really dried out and not really black like the other side of the strap. Here is a picture it is extremely hard to tell because it’s just really tiny white dots.

Reactions: papertiger