gucci leather sukey- thoughts and opinons on this bag?

nuhtalie

Mar 5, 2011
Hey everyone,
just wondering what are the thoughts and opinions on this bag and if there are any owners of the sukey in the leather (i think its called guccissima) can outline how this bag is holding up would be awesome.
And any positives/negatives/other comments towards the bag's functionality, practicality and quality.
I have owned a few totes in the gucci imprime canvas and i find the corners don't hold up very well so im thinking next gucci bag should be a leather one!
Also opinions on how gucci leathers hold up would be awesome too

Hi nuhtalie!

I own the top handle guccissima sukey bag and my sister owns the medium guccissima sukey, and they hold up super! Regretfully we aren't all that careful with our bags but they seem to be in the same perfect condition we bought them in!

I also have a guccissima travel bag and that holds up really well, the edges and corners don't fray, but do expect the leather to become softer with time; which i consider a plus!

Definitely recommend the guccissima leathers, you'll love them!

Please post pics when you get her!!

Hi nuhtalie!

I own the top handle guccissima sukey bag and my sister owns the medium guccissima sukey, and they hold up super! Regretfully we aren't all that careful with our bags but they seem to be in the same perfect condition we bought them in!

I also have a guccissima travel bag and that holds up really well, the edges and corners don't fray, but do expect the leather to become softer with time; which i consider a plus!

Definitely recommend the guccissima leathers, you'll love them!

Please post pics when you get her!!

Thanks for the reply!
thats great to hear that their quality is super. I guess i wasnt sure what the quality is like with the guccisima guccis because i remmeber seeing a guccisima tote once on sale in light green and the leather was starting to fray around the edges so i thought maybe gucci leathers dont hold up well. But thats a relief to hear!
I think i will be gettin the guccisma sukey next, if not maybe the vintage boston bag in black leather. Btw i see u are in australia, do u mind me asking how much it cost u and when it was that u bought it... I have no idea what the sukey prices are but i kind of regret i didnt get into their leather bags earlier on lol. The imprime bags arn't holding up too well especially the corners ><
Also may i ask what the inside is like.. what kind of material the lining of the bag is.. I notice some of the gucci bags have that white cotton sort of lining and tbh i dont like it too much as it seems it can get dirty easily.
Thanks alot

I've actually heard of stories about guccissima leather fraying on the edges as well, so far it hasn't happened to me with my bags, but I have an older gucci canvas wallet with leather interior and yes, the edge of it has frayed a bit, but guiltily i haven't been too careful with that one :sad:

Happy to hear you're going to make you're gucci leather purchase soon, the vintage boston bag is lovely too! I love both gucci canvas and leather, but I find with the leather it feels like I do less maintenance and less scared of it staining, esp with the black leather.

In Australia, unfortunately the prices are dearer than the US i believe, prob due to the long trip it takes to get here and the currency conversion (I may be wrong). All our prices are tax inclusive unlike the US, so it may sound like a lot, but what you see is what you pay here. I believe my sister's medium black guccissima cost her $1750 AUD and my off white guccissima medium top handle cost me around $1550 AUD both purchased before christmas last year, my most recent guccissima travel bag cost $1200 AUD in June 2011.

Both our sukey bags have black cotton gucci logo lining whereas my travel bag has the same logo lining but in a more durable material (i'm unsure what it is). I'm sure the other guccissimas we've seen in store had the black lining, but then again, it's different from place to place. Always ask and do you're research. Unfortunately, sometimes the SA serving you may not be helpful. I once asked for a black guccissima zip around wallet in black, the SA that served me that day said they never got the black one in Aust and I asked "are u sure?", she said she was, but I walk down the street to our other gucci store and there was the black one!!!

Despite that, I love love love:heart::heart::heart::heart: gucci, they've got beautiful bags and accessories and will be a fan for a long time. However, I'm putting myself on a ban for awhile!!!:ban:

Hope I've helped :biggrin:

I've actually heard of stories about guccissima leather fraying on the edges as well, so far it hasn't happened to me with my bags, but I have an older gucci canvas wallet with leather interior and yes, the edge of it has frayed a bit, but guiltily i haven't been too careful with that one :sad:

Happy to hear you're going to make you're gucci leather purchase soon, the vintage boston bag is lovely too! I love both gucci canvas and leather, but I find with the leather it feels like I do less maintenance and less scared of it staining, esp with the black leather.

In Australia, unfortunately the prices are dearer than the US i believe, prob due to the long trip it takes to get here and the currency conversion (I may be wrong). All our prices are tax inclusive unlike the US, so it may sound like a lot, but what you see is what you pay here. I believe my sister's medium black guccissima cost her $1750 AUD and my off white guccissima medium top handle cost me around $1550 AUD both purchased before christmas last year, my most recent guccissima travel bag cost $1200 AUD in June 2011.

Both our sukey bags have black cotton gucci logo lining whereas my travel bag has the same logo lining but in a more durable material (i'm unsure what it is). I'm sure the other guccissimas we've seen in store had the black lining, but then again, it's different from place to place. Always ask and do you're research. Unfortunately, sometimes the SA serving you may not be helpful. I once asked for a black guccissima zip around wallet in black, the SA that served me that day said they never got the black one in Aust and I asked "are u sure?", she said she was, but I walk down the street to our other gucci store and there was the black one!!!

Despite that, I love love love:heart::heart::heart::heart: gucci, they've got beautiful bags and accessories and will be a fan for a long time. However, I'm putting myself on a ban for awhile!!!:ban:

Hope I've helped :biggrin:

Yes u have helped alot and i definately appreciate ur time and effort in replying to my questions! ;)
Wow i didnt realise how dear the prices are for the sukey! I dont think our prices has much to do with the US conversion though but i could be wrong..
I bought a mauve tote beginning of this year and i remmeber on the US site it was posted as 650 but i got mine for 635 so it was actually cheaper.. I think i might go for the vintage boston, though i know it has that white cotton lining which i dont personally like.
Oh yeah i totally know what u mean! When i bought my mauve tote the same thing happened. I asked for the bigger size at one store and they had no idea what im talkn about and just said they dont carry it (at all), so i went down the nxt store not that far walk and they had it. Same thing wit the vintage boston bag, the one on show was the mustard and i asked them if they have it in the black or brown. Again they had no idea what i was talking about.. i just left lol.

Hi! I also own the white Guccissima Sukey bag. And the leather is absolutely gorgeous! I am very careful when i use my sukey and I also like to rotate my bags, so I've no issues with fraying edges, etc. When i first got the Sukey, i asked the Gucci SA's what they recommend to care for the guccissima and they said the Coach conditioner. So what I did was, before the first time I carried the Sukey, I actually applied a little bit of the condition on it. And now every couple of months, I still apply the conditioner. I know I read some posts here that doesn't recommend using the conditioner. But personally, I've no issues with it so far.
Also, I've got caught in the rain once. And my heart dropped when the rain spots turrned darkish gray. So I quickly wiped it dry, and it was as good as new.
Good luck with whatever bag you decide on! :smile:

Hi! I also own the white Guccissima Sukey bag. And the leather is absolutely gorgeous! I am very careful when i use my sukey and I also like to rotate my bags, so I've no issues with fraying edges, etc. When i first got the Sukey, i asked the Gucci SA's what they recommend to care for the guccissima and they said the Coach conditioner. So what I did was, before the first time I carried the Sukey, I actually applied a little bit of the condition on it. And now every couple of months, I still apply the conditioner. I know I read some posts here that doesn't recommend using the conditioner. But personally, I've no issues with it so far.
Also, I've got caught in the rain once. And my heart dropped when the rain spots turrned darkish gray. So I quickly wiped it dry, and it was as good as new.
Good luck with whatever bag you decide on! :smile:
Thanks for the advice :smile:,
i cant imagine owning a white leather bag >< it would be a complete nightmare for me as I'm pretty obsessive and compulsive when it comes to expensive handbags and things..
can i also ask, is ur sukey able to fit easily over ur shoulder? I've realised theres a few bags that are called sukey, but my OP is relating to sukey tote. lol. Also is it rather heavy? as it is all leather..

Hi there! Yup I own the tote one. oh yes, it's definitely a pain trying to be careful with it, such as avoiding rubbing my bag on my jeans, staying clear from raining weather, etc.
It slides easily over my shoulders if I'm wearing something thin like a t-shirt or a sweater; however, if i'm wearing a jacket or coat that is a little thicker, then it's pretty much impossible for me to put it on my shoulder, and I usually have to end up carrying it in the crook of my arm instead. Also the handles are a bit hard, and sometimes when I carry it for a long time on my shoulders, it kind of hurts.
I think it's pretty light for an all leather bag. The weight of the bag doesn't bother me at all, but like I said, it's the handles that hurt.

I own the Guccissima black leather hobo sukey. Its the one with one flat strap correct?

Ive been carrying it for a few weeks now as my fall bag and am dissappointed in it for a few reasons:

1. its like a bottomless pit! Large enough to hold a lot of stuff but one big opening an no compartments (only the 2 small pockets and zip at back) makes it a challenge to find things in. Im constantly fishing for my wallet, keys gum etc. Plus its awkward to hold while fishing.

2. hard to quickly zip up due to the curve(unless I set it down) but Im a woman on the go and need fast access while I walk to my phone if it goes off. Bit frustrated over that so I walk around with it unzipped! Not very pulled together look in my opinion.

3. The logo chain thingy keeps turning over so you cant see the Gucci logo. Not that it matters much, but still its a nice detail and find Im always checking to make sure its logo side out. kwim? writing this, I sound vain..lol

4. The interior is made of linen and that stuff is dusty! My lv pomme wallet and cles are full of dust when I pull them out from the inside. My phone cover had dust on it and all in all just a mess on any of my shiny dark items I put in there.

I've had it a few months now and not sure if its returnable for something more practical. I do like the look of it and the leather is good, but may go back to using my Coach for day to day kicking around use.

Here it is.

IMG00198-20110921-1308.jpg

Hi there! Yup I own the tote one. oh yes, it's definitely a pain trying to be careful with it, such as avoiding rubbing my bag on my jeans, staying clear from raining weather, etc.
It slides easily over my shoulders if I'm wearing something thin like a t-shirt or a sweater; however, if i'm wearing a jacket or coat that is a little thicker, then it's pretty much impossible for me to put it on my shoulder, and I usually have to end up carrying it in the crook of my arm instead. Also the handles are a bit hard, and sometimes when I carry it for a long time on my shoulders, it kind of hurts.
I think it's pretty light for an all leather bag. The weight of the bag doesn't bother me at all, but like I said, it's the handles that hurt.

I didnt actually think Gucci leathers have to be careful wit the rain? I have a few Gucci totes and theyr pretty much my rainy weather bags if i can't carry LV which has vanchetta... but in saying that i don't actually know if its best to keep them out of the rain lol.
I think gucci leathers are abit softer and delicate i think i noticed that the leather trimmings on my totes are fraying on the handle where it rubs against my clothes the most... have u had any problems with fraying yet? Or is it rather sturdy the leather?
Would u say the bag is more of elbow carry then?

I bought this same bag but returned for the some of the same reasons you mentioned. It is quite big for a hobo and unless I filled it, it sagged. Also, I like to leave the zipper open sometimes just for convenience sake but in this bag, it looked strange. The leather is lovely though and so was the strap but just wish it was a little smaller with some shape to it. :shrugs:

I own the Guccissima black leather hobo sukey. Its the one with one flat strap correct?

Ive been carrying it for a few weeks now as my fall bag and am dissappointed in it for a few reasons:

1. its like a bottomless pit! Large enough to hold a lot of stuff but one big opening an no compartments (only the 2 small pockets and zip at back) makes it a challenge to find things in. Im constantly fishing for my wallet, keys gum etc. Plus its awkward to hold while fishing.

2. hard to quickly zip up due to the curve(unless I set it down) but Im a woman on the go and need fast access while I walk to my phone if it goes off. Bit frustrated over that so I walk around with it unzipped! Not very pulled together look in my opinion.

3. The logo chain thingy keeps turning over so you cant see the Gucci logo. Not that it matters much, but still its a nice detail and find Im always checking to make sure its logo side out. kwim? writing this, I sound vain..lol

4. The interior is made of linen and that stuff is dusty! My lv pomme wallet and cles are full of dust when I pull them out from the inside. My phone cover had dust on it and all in all just a mess on any of my shiny dark items I put in there.

I've had it a few months now and not sure if its returnable for something more practical. I do like the look of it and the leather is good, but may go back to using my Coach for day to day kicking around use.

Here it is.

IMG00198-20110921-1308.jpg

This is the bag that I have, the medium top handle sukey bag in off white guccissima, I think majority of the problems that you have is pretty much solved if you use the top handle, however having it on for a long time does hurt the shoulders a little, so then you can swap it over to the crossbody strap! I don't use the strap much, since I wear jeans heaps and scared of colour transfer. I love love this bag, however been using it less since I've got my new black medium guccissima tote :biggrin:

I bought this same bag but returned for the some of the same reasons you mentioned. It is quite big for a hobo and unless I filled it, it sagged. Also, I like to leave the zipper open sometimes just for convenience sake but in this bag, it looked strange. The leather is lovely though and so was the strap but just wish it was a little smaller with some shape to it. :shrugs:

Attachments

• Gucci Medium Tote.JPG
    Gucci Medium Tote.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,742
This is the bag that I have, the medium top handle sukey bag in off white guccissima, I think majority of the problems that you have is pretty much solved if you use the top handle, however having it on for a long time does hurt the shoulders a little, so then you can swap it over to the crossbody strap! I don't use the strap much, since I wear jeans heaps and scared of colour transfer. I love love this bag, however been using it less since I've got my new black medium guccissima tote :biggrin:
Hello
I know this thread is very old
But I am eyeing on this bag on eBay
Just wondering how spacious is this bag ? And you could wear this over shoulder with the short handles ?
Thank you so much