Gucci Holiday 2018

VodooDoll

O.G.
Oct 12, 2012
Thoughts on this metallic 2 tone and 3 tone collection. Love it? Or over it?

Attachments

• IMG_3277.jpeg
    IMG_3277.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    26.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3276.jpeg
    IMG_3276.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3275.jpeg
    IMG_3275.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2719.jpeg
    IMG_2719.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 5
I'm confused! What year are we in?

Actually, the collection reminds me of Charlotte Tilbury Holiday '23 eyeshadow palette packaging and colours so maybe there's a 'thing' going on

Hahaha we are in 2023!!
I have one of these and I’m thinking of getting rid of it or dyeing it black. I have a slight love for it, but I’m also kinda over it. I love metallic leather is just that the 2 tone is a little hard to wear and the colours aren’t so versatile. I got another gold bag so that one gets used more. This IS special in its own way …. I just don’t wanna regret it and was wondering if everyone still loved this. Metallics ARE special and I guess it’s nice for the holidays …. And I do also disco a lot

View attachment 5879220

Reactions: papertiger
It's ok if you're going to a disco but I think it does look dated.

The colours are pretty but the metallic finish won't wear well unless the bag is rarely and carefully used.

Yes, I guess it’s a nice “party” bag. I’ve had no issues with the wear so far. I used it a lot when I got it, but it’s still sitting there ever since. I love the shape. Just not sure about the colour anymore

Having just come from the Chanel exhibition at the V&A, and seeing all the pink and gold she did in the late 1960s, I think we can say pink and gold stand the test of time :tup:

• Love
Reactions: VodooDoll
Ah! Yes it’s def a good combo.
I guess it’s hard with my wardrobe

You've got me thinking about the all-pink metallic version of this collection now. I have a very cute hot pink Interlocking with chain (2015) I need to meditate on it, all the shocking pink has gone to my head and given me retrospective FOMO :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: VodooDoll