Gucci @ Heathrow

I thought purchasing at Heathrow was just tax free. Shouldn’t the amount you pay just be the retail price of the £1420? Is it actually less than the retail? I’m planning on going to London soon and wanted to know if this is actually legit because that would be amazing! Thank you

I thought purchasing at Heathrow was just tax free. Shouldn’t the amount you pay just be the retail price of the £1420? Is it actually less than the retail? I’m planning on going to London soon and wanted to know if this is actually legit because that would be amazing! Thank you
All the prices in the U.K. include VAT so if the £1420 you mentioned is a price you’ve seen on the website it will include the VAT. The prices at Heathrow are duty free, so the £1420 would be roughly £1215 as Gucci offer 16.5% duty off. I hope this makes sense and helps.

So, if I make a purchase at Heathrow - since the price is duty free - do I have to do the usual paperwork involved in getting my VAT refund? Or is the price on the tag is what I pay and that is it.

So, if I make a purchase at Heathrow - since the price is duty free - do I have to do the usual paperwork involved in getting my VAT refund? Or is the price on the tag is what I pay and that is it.

I made my purchase from Heathrow airport and you just have to give them your boarding pass and if paying by cash your passport as well if it’s over £1000. You will get the VAT deducted instantly if you are travelling outside of the EU. If you are travelling within the EU it will be normal pricing and paperwork would need to be done for when you finally leave the EU.

I made my purchase from Heathrow airport and you just have to give them your boarding pass and if paying by cash your passport as well if it’s over £1000. You will get the VAT deducted instantly if you are travelling outside of the EU. If you are travelling within the EU it will be normal pricing and paperwork would need to be done for when you finally leave the EU.

Thank you! If i have a connecting flight through Dublin, but my ultimate destination is NYC, will I get the price minus the duty at Heathrow or will I have to do the paperwork at Dublin airport.