Gucci Exchange Help?

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Hi everyone,

I need a little bit of help. I did a tfp search and a tfp Gucci specific search and I could not find an answer to my dilemma.

My brother bought my mother and me Gucci bags from the Las Vegas boutique in December 2008. I exchanged my bag at the Short Hills NJ boutique immediately since I live nearby but my mother did not (the closest Gucci boutique to her is 2 hours away).

When I went to visit her recently, she gave me her bag (which is actually a clutch) and asked me to exchange it or keep it for myself (she doesn't like it and while I think it is cute, I'm pretty sure I won't use it). I called two Gucci stores and all of them said they are not doing any more December 2008 exchanges. The purchase is still on record in the GUCCI database and the bag still has tags and everything - never used.

So my question is: is this a lost case? Am I out of luck? The clutch is gorgeous and in perfect condition. It is still in stores and selling at full retail value. Is there any way to exchange the bag at this point? I'd love to get my mother something she will use.

Thanks in advance:smile:

PS - If this type of question has already been posted or is in the wrong forum... my apologies!!

Over the phone I was told 15 days for refunds & 30 days for exchanges. And thanks for the info on sale items and online purchases... good to know!

I think I am going to try to sell the clutch on bonanzle or ebay... and if that doesn't work, I'll consign it! Thanks again :smile: