Gucci Double G belt- wait list or availability

Oh geez. Let me tell you a story. I ordered mine back in the year July 27, 2017. Was ecstatic. I ordered the reversible because it was a little more but I figured hey, it's black AND brown. Makes sense. I'm STILL waiting. I just got off the phone with a Gucci customer service rep who is seriously in need of some caffeine. He tells me that it has been shipped (I'm guessing from the planet Saturn vs Italy). Supposedly now, it will be in my mailbox in "2-4 weeks." I nearly cancelled it but now it's a matter of pride and I just want it so bad. My educated guess is that there is one individual overseas who probably suffered an accident as a child. He now only has one working hand but ironically does beautiful leather work. This must be why it's taken so long. One last rant, their customer service blows. But soon I'll have it by golly!

Was yours a backordered item ? What was the estimated delivery date on yours ?I'm still waiting on mine and it was ordered back on 10/6/17. I don't like the waiting game. ETA is 10-16-17 -11-30/17. It sucks not knowing when it will get shipped and delivered .

Was yours a backordered item ? What was the estimated delivery date on yours ?I'm still waiting on mine and it was ordered back on 10/6/17. I don't like the waiting game. ETA is 10-16-17 -11-30/17. It sucks not knowing when it will get shipped and delivered .
It was backordered. The double G reversible, size 80. At first they said it was estimated between august 10-September 1, then about late September they moved it back to November-December. I'm assuming at this rate, I'll have it just in time for bikini season.

If it helps, I got a larger size and took it to my heel repair/leather person. They cut the leather where it's stitched behind the Gucci logo so it doesn't show at all. It was the perfect workaround for me to get the exact Gucci belt I wanted without the wait. A full review of the belt and details on this workaround are on my blog (link in my siganture + search "Gucci belt".

Attachments

• IMG_1382.JPG
    IMG_1382.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 744
The wait is frustrating! I got a bigger size and took it to my leather person. He cut the leather where it's stitched behind the Gucci logo so it doesn't show in the least. It was the perfect workaround for me to get the exact Gucci belt I wanted without the wait.
Details on how I did this + a full review of the belt are in the link in my signature :smile:

Reactions: Raqueltherealtor
Yippee! I got the marmont belt in the textured black leather with gold hardware. I ordered the belt online on December 13, 2017 and the Gucci website never updated with an estimated shipping time. All I saw was that it was backordered. I called the Gucci flagship store along with the Yorkdale mall almost everyday to see when they were getting the shipment in. Yesterday both stores went through their shipment and they got the belt in a size 90!

The belt is so gorgeous in person and I am so glad I have finally received it.

Raquel
Toronto, ON Canada