Gucci Disco Bag Strap flapping up

Lisbet1388

May 28, 2012
Recently got my first designer bag. The Gucci Disco bag. Only problem is, when I make the bag short, the excess part of the strap flips up and looks insanely cheap. For some reason, this bag does not have one of those leather slider hooks. The stock photo here makes it seem the excess strap is supposed to simply lay flat, but it definitely does not!

Gucci told me they know about this issue and do not sell this piece separately. Would anyone know where I could purchase a good quality, black leather slider hook? I can't seem to find any online that aren't plastic or fake looking.

Attachments

• gucci.jpeg
    gucci.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 459
Reactions: CSG
Recently got my first designer bag. The Gucci Disco bag. Only problem is, when I make the bag short, the excess part of the strap flips up and looks insanely cheap. For some reason, this bag does not have one of those leather slider hooks. The stock photo here makes it seem the excess strap is supposed to simply lay flat, but it definitely does not!

Gucci told me they know about this issue and do not sell this piece separately. Would anyone know where I could purchase a good quality, black leather slider hook? I can't seem to find any online that aren't plastic or fake looking.

What colour is your Disco?

A cobbler could probably make one for you.

“A cobbler could probably make one for you.”

This was going to be my suggestion. Or if you have another purse the same color with one use that.

I would buy a Gucci neck bow, the GG Bees print or the Flora print, take the excess from the leather strap, and wrap it around the main strap, then tie the Gucci bow around the excess strap, make a tight knot, slip the end of the excess there to hold the neck bow, then proceed to make a nice small bow, and have the ends of the neck bow hang, or wrap the Gucci neck bow until it covers the excess all the way down to the hardware of the strap if you don't want to bend the leather strap for wearing it without the neck bow, then just tie a tie knot bow on the part of the strap you don't want to curl up... have fun with it, get a few Gucci neck bows and switch them out everyday, even wrap both sides of your strap, this way, you'll always have a fun and cool way to differentiate your Gucci Disco bag from everyone else with a different way to accessorize (hide) your excess strap situation. Turn your incident into an occasion ! Life is just one big Disco and everyday, you just dance, dance, dance.
"J!m"

Hi... I also did not like that feature on my soho disco. You could make a little loop. I punched an additional hole to the end and I love how it turned out. The tail fits perfectly in the loop that is already there. I have a leather hole punch. I bought it on amazon. It was under 20 bucks. Or If you don't want to do it yourself. You could take it to a shoe cobbler/repairman.

Using a leather hole punch is just like a paper punch. Just thicker material. You want to make sure you line the hole up with the other holes. Then only make one punch. If you slip that would stink. because sometimes, if two punches are done, it looks sloppy. My Dad always said-- measure twice cut once. So be good to your bag!! Especially your first one.

Good luck

Reactions: jimmie staton
Did it come with a little square sample of the leather? You could turn those into a little loop/strap holder. Another option is to get those tiny clear rubber bands (Goody makes some that are different sizes, including a tiny size) to loop over the strap. Search "How to Resize + Fix a too long belt or purse strap" to see an example with the clear rubber band.

I'm not sure why my privileges are revoked to make posts? I never said anything on this thread about needing my bag authenticated. I got it from Gucci. I was inquiring about an issue with the strap ..
Dont stress, my account was locked like it was reported, i emailed Vlad and he fixed it for me. Probably nothing.

Hi, hope you don’t mind me commenting on your post, something completely irrelevant but hoping someone can help me.. I purchased my bag today in store, I have come home and realised that the glazing hasn’t been finished on the inside of the bag and also there’s a part of the stitching which has ended mid way which they’ve some what tied to make a really sharp point in my strap. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if it’s normal? Not sure whether it’s a big enough deal to take it into for an exchange although I feel as it is with the amount the item costs!

Attachments

• 0D96EFA8-B982-4DF6-90AE-395A5AD04CC2.jpeg
    0D96EFA8-B982-4DF6-90AE-395A5AD04CC2.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 9EF15AF0-B640-4F0C-B0D6-8237788796F2.jpeg
    9EF15AF0-B640-4F0C-B0D6-8237788796F2.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 136
Did it come with a little square sample of the leather? You could turn those into a little loop/strap holder. Another option is to get those tiny clear rubber bands (Goody makes some that are different sizes, including a tiny size) to loop over the strap. Search "How to Resize + Fix a too long belt or purse strap" to see an example with the clear rubber band.
This thread mentions the one and only issue I have with the Disco...I actually consider it a design flaw on a bag that I otherwise love. I, too, use a clear Goody rubber band to make the extra strap length lay down flat against the strap. Works just fine.

Reactions: Lanier