Gucci bamboo daily leather top handle

Sorry if this seems like an ignorant question, I am new to the brand! But is this bag in the red color considered a "classic" Gucci color (read: will not get discontinued?). I am asking because I'm debating whether to buy this now, or if I can wait a few months. I've got my sights on a definite seasonal blue in another brand, as well as this one in red. Unfortunately I've bought so many bags lately that I really cannot justify buying both right now. But at the same time, I don't want this one to pass me by as it's the perfect red in pebbled leather! Any insights?

I'm new to the brand too and I find this info very interesting.

It's great to have you both with us in the Gucci forum. Gucci have a great selection, from serious chic, iconic standouts to frivolous fabulosity. I hope you both find what you're looking for, vintage, new or pre-loved. Plenty of info and fun on this forum, but if you don't find answers you're looking for just ask :yes:

Consider all Gucci bags 'seasonal'. I think the only one I'd delay buying with assurance is a black Soho Disco in plain leather. Even if a bag design carries forward nearly all colours are made in limited quantities apart from black. Add to that, that the Bamboo Daily was released before Michele took over as Creative Director and all Frida era designs seem to being phased out...if you see it, buy it sooner rather than later.
Thanks for the info! I have some thinking to do then:lol: Overall though, it seems that red bags in general are pretty iconic Gucci, is that a fair statement? For instance, I would trust Gucci more to carry at least one red bag each season, or come out with new reds with more frequency, than say, Chloe or D&G. Not sure if this is an accurate impression.

Thanks for the info! I have some thinking to do then:lol: Overall though, it seems that red bags in general are pretty iconic Gucci, is that a fair statement? For instance, I would trust Gucci more to carry at least one red bag each season, or come out with new reds with more frequency, than say, Chloe or D&G. Not sure if this is an accurate impression.

Gucci makes the perfect scarlet red, and it's a very popular colour on most bags, so I would go along with your assessment

Reactions: GhstDreamer
I purchased the black from the Gucci store (LA) in 2016. I love the classic simplicity of the bag but not loving a few things:

1. The shape is not holding up. The purse is collapsing into itself. If it's on a round coat hook at work it looks amazing. Once it's sitting flat on a surface it looks droopy.
2. The shoulder strap swivel kept getting stuck so the strap wouldn't lay smooth. Recently the swivel came out, would go back in but wouldn't stay in leaving the should strap unusable.