Gucci Bamboo 1947 bag

Can anyone comment on the size of the mini? Is it just too tiny?
Or is it proportional and reasonably practical for what it is, a structured mini bag?

I've been considering buying a bright coloured small but the bright colours in small have gone now and I'm left with mini bags or a small size classic colour.

686864_10ODT_3384_005_100_0000_Light-Gucci-Bamboo-1947-mini-top-handle-bag (1).jpg

@Straight-Laced

The mini was too small for me (but even the small was too small for me) I looked like I was carrying my non-existent child's purse. Everyone is different though and it could look fine on you, the model is obviously taller than me and it looks very nice on her IMO.

You will probably find them (the Smalls) in stores even if they are not online, and possibly more being made. They are selling very, very well though.

Reactions: sweetpea_2009
I went to Gucci today just to see the 1947 bag. The mini is so incredibly small. It doesn’t fit anything lol. The small is a nice size although with other items (card case, keys, lip balm, and sunglasses) I wouldn’t be able to fit my iPhone in it. The medium is my favorite size but all the fun colors come in the small size. I was also surprised at how heavy the bag was without anything in it. It’s beautiful and definitely on my wishlist. :smile:

@Straight-Laced

The mini was too small for me (but even the small was too small for me) I looked like I was carrying my non-existent child's purse. Everyone is different though and it could look fine on you, the model is obviously taller than me and it looks very nice on her IMO.

You will probably find them (the Smalls) in stores even if they are not in line, and possibly more being made. They are selling very, very well though.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the sizes and good advice - better that I visit Gucci rather than Gucci.com for this bag.

Reactions: papertiger
Did you mange to take a look?

I bought the black BTW, I think it's one of the most beautiful bags in my collection. I have no reservations.
The black with black bamboo? That's a seriously stunning bag. Not that I've seen it in real life. I spied mini bags only in green and orange through the window, because the store was closed by the time I finally got there.
No reservations is simply an exceptional review! I don't know if the black was produced with natural bamboo as well but the black with black bamboo is the one I'm interested in. Thanks for the reminder - I have to get in there soon!

The black with black bamboo? That's a seriously stunning bag. Not that I've seen it in real life. I spied mini bags only in green and orange through the window, because the store was closed by the time I finally got there.
No reservations is simply an exceptional review! I don't know if the black was produced with natural bamboo as well but the black with black bamboo is the one I'm interested in. Thanks for the reminder - I have to get in there soon!

Mine is the Med black/black. I think the Small and the Med have the same 'accessories' but, perhaps the Mini only comes with the web-stripe strap and no mirror.

2 straps, a web-stripe and an adjustable black leather strap. They both seem beautifully made, I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. Useful additions as straps for other bags too.

The mirror's reverse is tinted black too. If you try it and find it heavy, take the mirror out, it's a weighty thing.

The leather looks like Box leather, shine, polished calf, I can't see any sign that it's stamped.

Here's a non-stock pic. I've put more pics here: #1,752

Attachments

• IMG_20220314_155432.jpg
    IMG_20220314_155432.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 55
Mine is the Med black/black. I think the Small and the Med have the same 'accessories' but, perhaps the Mini only comes with the web-stripe strap and no mirror.

2 straps, a web-stripe and an adjustable black leather strap. They both seem beautifully made, I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. Useful additions as straps for other bags too.

The mirror's reverse is tinted black too. If you try it and find it heavy, take the mirror out, it's a weighty thing.

The leather looks like Box leather, shine, polished calf, I can't see any sign that it's stamped.

Here's a non-stock pic. I've put more pics here: #1,752
Outstanding!!:loveeyes: So darkly glamorous - it has a real presence.

Thanks so much for all the information. I'm told by Gucci that we don't have the medium here so if I can't get in to see them in store I may have to buy the small online and see how it works out. I'm going to keep in touch with Gucci to make sure they've got stock!

gucci_gucci-aria-so-black-bamboo-bag.jpg

For those of you who own the small size of the Gucci bamboo 1947 bag, was the top handle a bit floppy (tends to fall over on its own rather than stand up straight unless placed carefully) when you purchased it? Is the top handle of the mini size stiffer, or does it also flop a bit?

Can anyone comment on the size of the mini? Is it just too tiny?
Or is it proportional and reasonably practical for what it is, a structured mini bag?

I've been considering buying a bright coloured small but the bright colours in small have gone now and I'm left with mini bags or a small size classic colour.

View attachment 5341698
The mini was too small for me. I prefer mini bags, but it was just too small. The small is perfect and fits the same stuff as the Marmont mini or Dionysus mini.

Reactions: papertiger
For those of you who own the small size of the Gucci bamboo 1947 bag, was the top handle a bit floppy (tends to fall over on its own rather than stand up straight unless placed carefully) when you purchased it? Is the top handle of the mini size stiffer, or does it also flop a bit?
I have the small and my handle tends to stand up.

They all move