Gucci Aphrodite Shoulder Bag

I’m starting to warm up to this design! It’s also a nice exception among the leather Gucci bags with its price point. I’m sure it’s going to be a popular model. :smile: I just wonder the colours… I love purple, it’s my favorite colour but that’s the reason I already have several purple bags.:amuse: I don’t actually have any leather bags in dark brown but I wonder if it’s too dull? I wish I could see the bags IRL but there isn’t any Gucci store in my country. I also like the smaller chain version, bright green could be lovely in that size (I don’t have any grass green bags either), but I’m questioning if I would actually use the colour or not. Just thinking out loud.:smile: Dark brown is the one I’m considering most.

Reactions: insidemysoul
If it bothers YOU, and you can get another easily do an exchange.

Personally, this wouldn't bother be because I don't think it will get worse.
Hello papertiger,
thanks for your response.
It bothers me and i will send it back. I hope i get a perfect new one. I have a Jackie bag, which has some leather quality problems, so my Aphrodite should be perfect. 1.790,00 Euro is a lot of money for me (i think for most of all bag shoppers) and my bag has to be "my perfect treasure".
The bag is really gorgeous. And with my 5.11 ft i can wear it crossover. :love:

I’m starting to warm up to this design! It’s also a nice exception among the leather Gucci bags with its price point. I’m sure it’s going to be a popular model. :smile: I just wonder the colours… I love purple, it’s my favorite colour but that’s the reason I already have several purple bags.:amuse: I don’t actually have any leather bags in dark brown but I wonder if it’s too dull? I wish I could see the bags IRL but there isn’t any Gucci store in my country. I also like the smaller chain version, bright green could be lovely in that size (I don’t have any grass green bags either), but I’m questioning if I would actually use the colour or not. Just thinking out loud.:smile: Dark brown is the one I’m considering most.

I think the price-point is an enticement, I'm not sure it's going to stay this way for long. The 1955 was under £2K when it first came out a couple of years ago, now it's up on average 20%. Gucci often do this.

The shade of brown is the official Gucci (brand) brown, a legacy from the leather goods House's specialty made in boar-skin

Hello papertiger,
thanks for your response.
It bothers me and i will send it back. I hope i get a perfect new one. I have a Jackie bag, which has some leather quality problems, so my Aphrodite should be perfect. 1.790,00 Euro is a lot of money for me (i think for most of all bag shoppers) and my bag has to be "my perfect treasure".
The bag is really gorgeous. And with my 5.11 ft i can wear it crossover. :love:

I think you should :tup: All new items should be perfect for the money we pay.

I'm glad you can enjoy crossbody function. It's easier to make a strap shorter (with an extra hole) than longer that's for sure.

I think the price-point is an enticement, I'm not sure it's going to stay this way for long. The 1955 was under £2K when it first came out a couple of years ago, now it's up on average 20%. Gucci often do this.

The shade of brown is the official Gucci (brand) brown, a legacy from the leather goods House's specialty made in boar-skin
I do like the brown. :smile: I considered the Dionysus in brown leather with the canvas stripe earlier, it was the exact same colour, but I didn’t pull the trigger then. Maybe now it’s the time!

Thanks!! The green is completely sold out in the EU. They told me to check back again in February… but I think it’s definitely what I’ll go with.
I was able to purchase the green at Net A Porter in the EU recently. I was on the Netherlands site. Not sure if it’s still available but maybe worth having a look in your country. The green is amazing in person, I am obsessed with it. Good luck

What a fantastic bag! Super light and easy to carry and get in/out of, and the leather feels amazing.

It's also designed really well for crossbody wear. (As opposed to slapping a long strap on a handheld bag, which is what I have usually been carrying but am rethinking as I reevaluate my collection.)

And as luck would have it, as I was getting ready to go out I ran across a scarf that I completely forgot I had.....

IMG_0192.jpeg

What a fantastic bag! Super light and easy to carry and get in/out of, and the leather feels amazing.

It's also designed really well for crossbody wear. (As opposed to slapping a long strap on a handheld bag, which is what I have usually been carrying but am rethinking as I reevaluate my collection.)

And as luck would have it, as I was getting ready to go out I ran across a scarf that I completely forgot I had.....

View attachment 5671499

Yay, twins :ghi5:

It's gorgeous, congratulations

View attachment 5671499
Gorgeous! Is this red true to life? It seems so much darker, more muted on the Gucci site...

Reactions: insidemysoul