GST Owners...

LV rocks*

Sep 12, 2007
I want to get the black w/ shw to use as my everyday bag but I want to know how the bags holds up over time...do the corners show wear and do the chains on the straps get tangled/break? I am concerned bc this bag is so expensive!
Thanks!

I think its great ! very durable and holds up really well ! you wont regret the purchase as its an excellent everyday bag! only thing is it might slouch a little on the corners if you stuff it with heavy stuff (perfumes, books..etc..)! but you wont notice it much unless its empty-with stuff inside not noticeable at all! HTH =D

I've only had mine a few short months so I can't comment from first hand experience on long term wear. But my friend has had hers a few years and it is in great shape. I use this bag for work and it has been holding up great :love: but I also stuff and store it in it's box over the weekend to help retain the shape. In the long run, any bag will show signs of wear - but if you take measures to keep it in good shape it should be fine. Good luck! :flowers:

i have also had my GST for a short amount of time but i have no complaints for it so far!

i haven't had any problems with the shape and i have no signs of wearing and tearing... i store it away in its dustbag and put the handles inside the bag when im not using it ... hope that at least helps you out a little!

btw... you can find more insight from GST owners in this thread http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/the-gst-club-575273.html ;)

I've only had mine for a little over a month and used it as my everyday bag for a week before i switched over. I found that the corners were wearing down easier than i thought it would and the area where the straps rub against each other would also show wear. I have the newer version so not sure if it makes a difference. Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely bag and would make a fabulous everyday bag if you don't baby your bags and want them to be in pristine condition at the end of the day.

I've had my GST for a couple of years and noticed that the bottom corners did wear down quite a bit and the bag did slouch after the first year. Since I found it to be the perfect everyday bag, I somewhat carelessly used it throughout the first year. If I had known that this would happened so easily, I would have definitely been more careful with it. I have four other Chanel purses and still this is my absolute favourite because it's so versatile.

i have several GST's from different years...some have held up much better than others...
they r my everyday bags - patent has been fantastic...has gone cross country several times & still looks marvelous! brown/bordeaux 08 (or 09, not sure) have worn looking corners after 1 season...they need a Chanel spa treatment!

I used my GST for about a month or so before I decided to sell it. You can help prevent the sagging of the corners by not letting your GST sit upright when you put it down or store it. Lie it down on its back so that the weight of the bag isn't resting on the bottom four corners. That way it won't get that "saggy" look.

^ The bag itself already has a stiff base at the bottom. The base won't help support the corners, unless it's a base that also goes up the sides. If it's only a base for the bottom (like the kind you can buy for LV speedies) it's pointless IMO.

I used my GST for about a month or so before I decided to sell it. You can help prevent the sagging of the corners by not letting your GST sit upright when you put it down or store it. Lie it down on its back so that the weight of the bag isn't resting on the bottom four corners. That way it won't get that "saggy" look.

great idea!! after reading your comment i went to set my GST on its back.

Yep! i did that too , as am not using my GST in the summer i filled it with its papers to try and make it restore its shape, laid it on its back in its dust bag; i think it works :biggrin:

i have the newer caviar GST...honestly i like the older one w/ the CC logo stitch on top of the bag. i've seen a couple of GST in real life that are older version and the leather looks significantly stiffer than mine. mine is getting bit soft w/ use. i bought in back in april and i use it as my work bag....
it's great to get stuff in and out and the middle part w/ zipper to store my wallet and important stuff. it's great in general but i wish i bought the older caviar bag. now w/ the price increase.....i am just not feeling it.