GST in the RAIN?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Since its been quite rainy recently, I'm curious if anyone uses their Chanel Caviar GST in the rain? :P

Since caviar leather is still leather, should I avoid getting water on the bag?
    Or do you pre-treat the bag with water/stain repellent beforehand?

Please let me know what your thoughts are! Thanks. :smile:

2. I would never bring my gst out (or any chanel) knowing that it will rain :sad: too risky for a pricy bag!

3. I have taken my black caviar and black lambi on ( light) rain - drizzle like rain but I would probably not let it get wet in heavy rain fall. My bags have dried out fine, I just wiped them with paper towel. Since color is black no water stain :smile:
    P.s I think there were few threads about Chanel and rain, hope you find them.

4. #4 Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    I spray my GST in and out (both the caviar leather & the fabric lining) with Collonil Waterstop spray and I carry it out rain or shine. LOL. Collonil Waterstop spray has water and UV protection.

5. I do like how black doesn't show stains. :smile:

6. Yes! I carried my GST yesterday in the rain. Not worried at all =)