GRYSON for TARGET - A PFer's Review

and my thought on the pvc vs leather debate is that aside from helping keep the price point down, many of your everyday target shoppers are moms (i know there are tons of haute mommies here, dont get me wrong) and just your average busy woman who worries about things like spills and stains. i regularly try to talk WHILE im taking a drink of something and get soda all over my shirt. i drop open pens. i have chapstick that loses its top inside my bag. and of course, i work with kids. i would rather take pvc and be able to wipe off the cream cheese and cheerios as opposed to spending a little more to get leather and ending up with a ruined bag...

^ ITA. I'm not paying $50 for plastic.
Sorry you feel this way, but are you aware the Stella MacCarthy (designer) has PVC BAGS SELLING FOR 100'S OF DOLLARS AND MOVIE STARS ARE PURCHASING THEM.
PVC doesn't bother me, escpecially for work, schleeping around for my college age daughter. I love my designer brands but these look really ok

I didn't think much of them in the pictures. I was at Target today, have to say, they are much nicer in person. If I didn't just buy a white bag, I would consider the cut-out handles one, very cute :flowers:

Since I've been waiting for the Gryson Target line to come out for months, I had to get up this morning and see if my Target had them. After going to two Targets, I found the white woven bag I liked. The design is really nice and I hate pleather, but this one isn't so bad because it's white patent, so it doesn't look too fake. Still debating whether I should keep it or not, but for $45, it's a great bag to use on rainy days. I metro to work, so I get sooo mad when it's raining and my nice bags get wet walking to and from the metro. I almost ruined my L.A.M.B. bag in the rain, so having one I don't need to worry about would be nice. And regarding the posters who think that $50 for a pleather bag is unthinkable--there are plenty of stores (like Urban Outfitters) that sell fake leather for $70 or even more. I once saw a clear vinyl Chanel bag for like $1200. Ridiculous!! Anyway, here are some pics of the bag. I like that I can remove the tag that says "Gryson for Target" and the zipper pulls just say "Gryson."

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 127
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 118
EllePixie, thanks for the review and pictures! I'm definitely going to my local Target tomorrow and picking up the black version of your satchel. I've been waiting for this to come out for weeks, and can't wait to see it in person!

grys3.jpg

grys5.jpg

grys7b.jpg

grysonx2.jpg
Please post the pics of the blue satchel-my daughter is interested and I'd like to get it if the color is nice.
\I do like the black and think its a great rainy weather bag-especially when you live in the south! I mean its only 40 dollars!!!

I agree the bags IRL don't look that bad. Not sure I would pay full price for them, but I never pay full price for anything! They will go on sale, Target doesn't let things sit around in the store for too long.

I bought the black woven tote and the white woven purse with the cutout handles online. The pictures in this thread convinced me, and it's a nice way to add a little bit to your handbag options without spending a ton.

Has anybody buy or seen the green ones. Also, do you think they have the woven satchel in blue. Previous posters have made the blue out to be a very nice colour. But I rather like the shape of the woven bag.

I just bought the white woven swing pack. I figured for $19.99 what can it hurt? Not bad looking, might be good for the gym where I don't want to tote around a big purse or care about getting it dirty. I have to admit that one motivation for buying it was that it was the very last swing pack left. All the blue and green ones were gone (I would have rather had blue). There was one black satchel and a couple of the white woven bag with the cutout handles. The least popular looks to be the blue tote with the clear windows-there were plenty of those left. People are definitely interested and ARE buying these-which is impressive because in my town Gryson is not a well known name (people here only seem to know the obvious designers-Coach, LV, Dooney&Bourke, etc.)
I can't see this bag lasting a long time-the weave is very loose, but who cares. I thought it might be a good intro to Gryson, especially since I am interested in buying a Gryson Alexa (but don't want to buy until I actually see it).

Here are pictures of it. The inside of the bag is really not that impressive and there are a lot of frayed looking stitches.

Attachments

• CIMG1213.JPG
    CIMG1213.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 71
  • gryson2.jpg
    gryson2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 78
  • gryson1.jpg
    gryson1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 62
I just came back from Target with my $50.00 Gryson BAG!!! i saw someones photos in the beginning of the thread and saw them IRL too but was debating on it for about 2 weeks now. Since I have an extremely busy schedule with kids and volunteering, I decided that i needed 2 bags. One everyday bag that is VAVOOM nice and the other to beat around. I was not sure at first if this was a good decision, but made up my mind last night after we had a major hail storm and it scratched my BE!

I am happy to say, I like it alot! i will post pictures next to my other bigger bags shortly!