Grrr...I'm fuming! My ebay bag is a fake!

Melissa: It sounds like you figured it out. Boy, that was confusing, though! Another sure-fire way to authenticate a Coach bag is by looking very closely at the zipper. If it's a "YKK" zipper, then it's authentic.

I learned this from visiting a different Coach forum.

The bag & wristlet are beautiful!

Wow! Glad that got figured out and that it is indeed real. I don't know if I've seen fakes with outlet stamps either so that made me think it was real. It's pretty though! Enjoy!

LOL, I have the same style in the purple and have the same problem! Just ran to check and it has the same spelling error. Never ever noticed it before - the lettering is so tiny I could barely make it out. I'm so glad you figured it out! Enjoy the bag because it's really lovely.

I have a bag from the outlet that is that flap style, but is camel leather. The creed on that bag has defects *I think*, because alot of the words have hyphens and go down onto the next line?? I don't think some of my other bags do that??

Anyhow, I bought that straight from the outlet... so there could be some things odd with the creeds at the outlets.:shrugs:

Good luck!

Melissa: It sounds like you figured it out. Boy, that was confusing, though! Another sure-fire way to authenticate a Coach bag is by looking very closely at the zipper. If it's a "YKK" zipper, then it's authentic.

I learned this from visiting a different Coach forum.

The bag & wristlet are beautiful!

I really dont think that means it is authenthic, even though all Coach bags have that. It isnt a sure fire way IMO

I have a cheapy bag from I think Target (I dont even know the brand LOL) and it has YKK on the zipper. So does my jacket from Gap.

So, Im sure fake handbags have that zipper too. You can buy it at any fabric/craft store.

Just an FYI

86Leo is right, just having a YKK zipper doesn't mean anything. YKK sells zippers all over the world.

Having an outlet mark doesn't prove anything either. Anything a manufacturer can make, a faker can fake. I HAVE seen fake bags with outlet marks.