*** Gris Art Deco Alma *** Yay or Nay ?? Help me Decide !!! =)

jessicalove

Nov 22, 2010
So I've been wanting a vernis alma for some time now, but I just can't decide on the color. Originally I really want the pomme but it only comes in MM, which looks like a luggage on me...

Then there's amarante, which is a really nice color but a bit boring to me. I saw the gris art deco in this forum and thought it has a fine balance between being loud and classy (I am not making sense)......

Anyway, wanted to know what are your thoughts on this bag and can I actually use it as a daily bag for work? Is it too loud?

Thanks and Happy Holidays! :party:

i think gris is a great colour! however i dont think you'll be able to find that in the stores anymore...

theres a current LE colour called 'givre'. have you considered that one? its such a lovely colour. i have a cles in that colour and i :heart: her!!!

:graucho::graucho:

I think you should definately buy the gris if you can find one...they are not in the stores anymore, but it is a beautiful color. I wish I had bought it. I do own the Vernis Blanc, Vernis Givre, wht mc and ivory epi ...all almas. I love this style and I know you will too! I recently bought the BB Alma in pomme, but the Alma PM size is perfect. I too wanted pomme, but felt the MM felt like luggage. Too bad they never made the pm, I would have bought it over the bb. :smile:

lilarose, do u mean the color transfers?

piglett & dlynn - i saw that they still have this bag on the website!!! whaddaya mean they don't have this color anymore *cries*

Yes, I'd be afraid of color transfers on any lighter color bag used as a daily.

The website is SUCH a mess. There are quite a few discontinued bags showing up.

The gris is gorgeous and if you can manage to get hold of one, I'd say go for it BUT as the others have said, its no longer in stores and Lilarose is right that a light coloured vernis isn't an easy bag to use on a daily basis and keep pristine. As for whether its too loud for work - its definitely not a loud colour but what is work appropriate really depends on the environment in which you work. If you can't locate the gris, I'd go with piglett's suggestion and maybe check out the givre - I have the bb and sobe in givre and its a really beautiful and unusual colour that still falls in the light family.

What about bleu infini?

Bleu Infini literally there is only 10 in the country right now... it sucks I've been trying to get one all week.... I'll find out by next week if my bloomies got it transferred for me... so perhaps go for the givre? or amarante, thats gorgeous, every SA tells me no on bleu and to get amarante instead

I bought it when it first came out and I've loved it so much! It's a very subtle colour and really pretty.

Here's a comparison between Gris Art Deco and Givre. Both are gorgeous colours.

47853c18.jpg

56207833.jpg

Go for Gris if you can find one. It's a very neutral color and matches a lot of clothes. I also like the PM size as the MM size looks like lugguage on me. :P

Here's mine:

11042010443.jpg

Thanks for all the input, girls. I just checked with the store and they only have Amarante and Rouge Fauviste in the whole country!!! We have 3 stores and none have gris. Very disappointing. :pout: May need go to a neighbouring country to it.

Geez alexis and glamourdoll, thanks for making me drool all over! :drool: