Grey Reissue or Grey Ritz?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I really want a grey bag and like both of these. If you had to pick which one would you go for, ladies?

2. I have the exact dilemma as you, and I chose the Ritz. Here is why. I understand the reissue has more of a lilac undertone, where the Ritz has a more blue undertone. The Ritz is more of a true grey. Also, there are some beautiful photos of the Ritz in Goldenx5's thread and I also saw some beautiful photos of the Ritz from personalshopers listing. I believe the Ritz holds more, and I loved the fact that there are three compartments. Mine is on the way, and I can send you a "user review" once it arrives if you like?

Which size Reissue? I have a 226, and would like a 227 at some point, but I wanted something a little different. I think both bags are stunning, but I liked the idea of being able to carry a bit more, and the fact that it is a limited piece.

3. Oh, such a tough call! I am of no use to you on this one...

4. :roflmfao:

tln, thanks for that! I'm not quite sure what size reissue I'd go for but I do carry a lot of junk with me so definitely need something roomy. And I do like the idea of true grey. I have seen Goldenx5's and personalshoppers' pictures, that's how I ended up with this dilemma in the first place :biggrin:

Congrats on your new Ritz, btw! Which size did you go for?

5. I did the small. Aren't the photos beautiful? If you like to carry quite a bit of stuff, you might look at the 227 or 228. I know that the 226 does limit what you carry a little (or at least it does for me). But, there are pockets and places to tuck things, which is nice.

I sent you the link to ps's pics, and then realized that you had seen them! :shame:

6. I'd go w/ the Ritz for me personally, doesn't it hold a wee bit more?

7. Thanks everyone. I'm just waiting for a SA to ring me back and tell me more about the Ritz :nuts:

8. For an everyday bag, I would definitely choose the grey Ritz over the Grey 2005 Reissue. I wanted (would still like if I could ever find one in-store & in perfect shape) the grey 2005 Anniversary Edition Reissue but only in the 224 or 225 smaller sizes (for evening only). The Ritz is definitely a better everyday bag than either the 226 or 227 Reissue in terms of size and even color (as an 'everyday bag' it is a good neutral and holds a ton more than a 227 reissue).

9. i absolutely love the grey reissue. it was the first chanel i saw and immediately fell hard and fast in love with. i just love the iconic history behind it- how coco chanel had designed it with the metal straps etc.
    the ritz in grey is a pretty bag too, so if you carry alot, it sounds like it would be better suited for you.

10. loony! :wtf:

get both and give me the reissue :graucho:

11. ritz for holding more... i think it's gorgeous. i almost went for it at my trunk show today, but i held out for the cabas since i need less compartments and more open space (for carrying diapers, baby clothes, toy cars which need a faster access).

12. Lemme think about it....NO

If I end up buying the Rits there will no more bags for a very long time...definitely not this year :wtf:

13. grey ritz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> grey reissue!!!!

14. Still haven't heard anything back :crybaby:Hope this means the SA's busy looking for one.

15. Looons.....another chanel? I think the grey ritz is beeeyooootiful. Mmm I would love a grey chanel but already have a taupe... must not buy anymore bags! Do you want me to check Bond St store for you tomorrow?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice