Greenleaf - OWN

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone going to watch this? Oprah's new show. Lynn Whitfield is in it.

2. Synopsis

The Greenleaf family, which runs sprawling Memphis megachurch Calvary Fellowship World Ministries, appears to be a loving and caring clan. Beneath the surface, though, exists scandalous secrets and lies. Greed, adultery and sibling rivalry are among the issues that threaten to test the family's faith and tear the group apart. The scandalous happenings are uncovered by Grace, the estranged daughter of church leader Bishop James Greenleaf, when she returns home after a 20-year absence. Oprah Winfrey has a regular role on the show as Mavis, Grace's aunt.

Network: Oprah Winfrey Network
    Executive producers: Oprah Winfrey, Craig Wright, Clement Virgo

3. I plan to give it a try.

4. What do y'all think?

I am totally loving it. The actors are superb and I love the soap opera feel to it all. And of course, being a Southern girl I love that it is set in Memphis!

5. I loved it! The acting is really good and I like the storyline so far! I hope it does well, looks promising so far!

6. This show is real good and the acting is great, but literally everyone has issues lol.

abrajnosi likes this.
  7. I binge watched it and so far I really like it but I have to disagree.....other than the main characters I don't think any of them can act.

abrajnosi and mama13drama99 like this.
  8. oh yes ma'am!!!!! this show is the business! loved it from the first episode and can't wait to see more!!
    seems like O has gotten into her groove with her channel now!

9. Haven't watched yet but my parents love it. Guess I will binge this weekend and report back...

abrajnosi likes this.
  10. It's pretty good. I hope I don't forget to watch it on Wednesday.

11. I haven't watched the latest episode, but my parents love it too.

abrajnosi likes this.
  12. I'm into this!!! Oprah can get rid of the have and have nots (that show is a mess)
    The storylines are great, the acting is damn good and hey, anything with Lynn Whitfield will always get my attention.

13. LOL! Yeah, I finally got a chance to watch all the episodes and really enjoyed it! I can see why my parents and most of us here like it too. Lynn Whitfield always brings it so I agree, no big surprise there. Happy that I can watch with the parents now!

abrajnosi likes this.
  14. I'm loving this show! I like the Have/Nots but it is corny af! lol This show is worthy of prime time, go Oprah!

15. I agree! I haven't watched the "The Haves and the Have Nots", but I keep seeing the promos for "Queen Sugar" and was thinking I might watch that too since I like Greenleaf so much.