Grand Opening of Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium in New York!

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
June 21, 2007

Celebrities such as Carmen Electra, Jenny McCarthy, Kelly Osbourne and Richie Rich turned up to celebrate the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium in New York City.

capt-48.jpg

capt-49.jpg

This is especially fascinating to me, because I remember my dad taking me to the Key West Odditorium. (And my dad remembers reading the Believe it or Not! items when they ran in the paper.)

capt-42.jpg

Sword swallower Dan Meyer prepares to cut the shrunken head ribbon during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

capt-41.jpg

An X-ray of an four foot long pine snake who swallowed a couple of light bulbs on display during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

capt-43.jpg

An X-ray of Michael Hill, of Jacksonville, Fla., with an eight inch knife sticking out of his skull on display during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

capt-45.jpg

Photographer Susan Watts photographs water bugs on display during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

capt-46.jpg

Olivia DaGrosa, 9, bottom right, of Miami Fla., poses for a photo inside a pickled head display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

capt-47.jpg

A 3,197 lb meteorite is on display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

capt-54.jpg

An electric chair that once belonged to the Eddyville prison in Kentucky is on display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

r3154202118.jpg

Lee Redmond, who holds the record for the woman with the longest fingernails, shows her nails

r4281766386.jpg

Dennis Avner, also known as the Cat Man

capt-55.jpg

Jim Purol, the man who organizers say is the biggest mouth in the world shoves over 200 straws in his mouth

capt-56.jpg

Jim Seay, a roller coaster designer from Baltimore, Md., walks through the 'Black Hole'

capt-57.jpg
capt-58.jpg

Shrunken heads on display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium