Goyard Vendome Sizing & Authentication

suzeshoes

Jul 1, 2015
On the Goyard site the Vendome PM measures 9x11 and the Vendome Mini 7x9--all sizes approximate and converted to inches.

Yet in resale sites I see the PM sized at 11x13? Did it shrink lately?

Also having purchased a Vendome PM on a resale site, I was alarmed to find that the serial number was on an attached strap not the inside, and the lining seemed like a cheap nylon not the cotton canvas type.

My last Goyard was a Villette so maybe I'm missing something here? Any comments on sizing and authenticity of these bags? Thank you.

The Vendôme was offered previously in MM and GM sizes. The GM size was discontinued in Summer 2016, and although I do not know the discontinuation date of the MM size, it’s existence is referenced to in the Vendôme PM description on the Goyard website.

Product “expertise” can vary greatly between resellers. Caveat emptor.

IMG_1272.jpeg

The Vendôme was offered previously in MM and GM sizes. The GM size was discontinued in Summer 2016, and although I do not know the discontinuation date of the MM size, it’s existence is referenced to in the Vendôme PM description on the Goyard website.

Product “expertise” can vary greatly between resellers. Caveat emptor.

View attachment 6005946
Thank you for the insight. I think the confusion is coming in where some of the resellers, even some of the more reliable ones, are labeling an older MM as a PM? I'm assuming the 11x13 sizing is this older MM?

Again, appreciation the input and advice.

Reactions: c18027