Got sold a fake, datecode “V.I. 1900”

verytotes

Mar 22, 2018
So im not sure if this qualifies as an authenticity question but did LV ever do a datecode like “V.I. 1900” like literally written that way with the decimals? i can only ever find ones where the 4 digits come first and then the “V.I.” with the dots so it’s written like “1900 V.I.” I know they made datecodes where VI without decimals come first before 4 digits so they’re just like “VI 0908”.

Bag in question is a keepall bandouliere. It’s also my moms.

I think you will need to ask for authentication... But if it is older maybe your mom bought it in 1990-ish?

What I googled...

VI1984-2011This factory closed down in 2011. Fakes often use this factory code with newer items

I think you will need to ask for authentication... But if it is older maybe your mom bought it in 1990-ish?

What I googled...

VI1984-2011This factory closed down in 2011. Fakes often use this factory code with newer items
Yeah I actually found that website you referenced but the thing is all examples are written as “VI ****” or “**** V.I.”
and not “V.I. ****”

I have a feeling the bag is a fake but it’s made so incredibly well it’s probably the best fake ive seen like down to the hardware and stamping. Good thing the datecode might be wrong otherwise I wouldn’t have questioned it. Im gonna try to have it returned. Her friend sold it to her.

So im not sure if this qualifies as an authenticity question but did LV ever do a datecode like “V.I. 1900” like literally written that way with the decimals? i can only ever find ones where the 4 digits come first and then the “V.I.” with the dots so it’s written like “1900 V.I.” I know they made datecodes where VI without decimals come first before 4 digits so they’re just like “VI 0908”.

Bag in question is a keepall bandouliere. It’s also my moms.
As a previous post already mentioned, you are best having the item authenticated for peace of mind but I do know that some of LV's older pieces do have date codes stamped like that. My mum has a Keepall as well and its date code does have 4 digits before the letters which are separated by decimals/periods:flowers:

As a previous post already mentioned, you are best having the item authenticated for peace of mind but I do know that some of LV's older pieces do have date codes stamped like that. My mum has a Keepall as well and its date code does have 4 digits before the letters which are separated by decimals/periods:flowers:

Thank you! yeah im going to have it either authenticated or just refunded.
And yes I’ve seen plenty of keepalls online with the datecode of 4 digits followed by V.I. with decimals. But never seen one that’s the other way around except for the ones without decimals.