Got my first Speedy B 25. Very underwhelming...what am I missing here?

Thanks. I really appreciate your response. There's some serious hive minds/mob mentality in the replies. I'm just trying to learn the pros and cons of a bag. Sheesh.

There are lots of people who gave you thoughtful replies. You asked the question in a way that some took as “stirring the pot”, especially since after you got a few responses you commented on how people were defensive when you really only got maybe one post that could’ve been taken as defensive.

You didn’t ask for pros and cons in your original post and you didn’t rephrase your question like you said you would. You bashed the bag and the brand and then asked what you were missing. Three pages of mostly thoughtful replies (including a very good one about LV’s history) and you choose to just thank two specific posts, both of them include remarks about how people are defensive/have mob mentality.

I tried to give you my genuine thoughts in a very neutral way. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Well I interpreted her question with 'what am I missing', bit as she wanting to learn on other peoples positive views she maybe not thought of. She wanted to be open minded. I'm a fool sometimes :facepalm:But to look back on her responses. Yeah looks like maybe in reality probably was hoping to hear lots of negative post that reaffirms her feeling and really didn't want to hear constructive advice or other peoples positive experience and opinions. Waste of time.

Fascinating that you criticize and insult the members of this forum who replied to your post, while it was clearly a trolling exercise. You start by telling us how this bag is complete garbage, and now you want to “learn the pros and cons”?

It's like going onto a Corvette forum and starting a thread about how terrible the Corvette is. Who does that :confused1:

Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by this $1400+ bag? Mine smelled heavily of plastic/chemicals, it's super thin, the hardwear is light and seems like the gold will chip quickly.....and it's just overall underwhelming for the price. Thus far, I've only owned Celine, Chloe, YSL, and MG (most are pre-loved) - where for half the price I got a full leather bag with substantial hardwear. You even get more with Gucci. I don't get why people are such huge LV/speedy/neverfull fans (besides the awesome resell value - which indicates how popular they are).

What am I missing?
I have the b 30 and LOVE it. May I ask why you purchased a bag you obviously do not like? Did you just buy it because of the name or the fact that it is an iconic bag? I am really not trying to be rude, just honestly asking. I research the heck out of bags before I buy them, so honestly curious.

I think the pros and cons are subjective, other people's pros may be a con for you. I love the smell of new LV canvas, I love the color of the hardware . . . I understand wanting to know people's opinions about a bag you are thinking of getting, but you got it, you hate it and now you are asking is kind of backwards?

If it doesn’t work for you or bring you joy, return it!

I have a variety of LV bags, love my impriente pieces, and my new fave is the perforated leather Carmel. But my standby, my workhorse, my every day running-around-town, stuffed-full-of-stuff, seemingly indestructible and extremely practical go-to is my Neverfull. The canvas weighs almost nothing, wipes clean and looks new after several years of heavy use. I toss sweaters, dog leashes and treats, water bottles in it without fear. No worries if I have to set it on the floor of a restaurant. I would use a canvas Speedy the same way. These are classic and very practical. Sure, seems like everybody and their mom has one, but maybe there’s a good reason for that! The Neverfull isn’t really a fashion statement, it’s a basic. Same with canvas Speedy (IMHO).

The ones you love, and my nicer leather LV pieces, get handled more carefully. Just a different kind of bag, (and a very different price point.). Sounds like a canvas Speedy just isn’t “you.”

Reactions: pjhm
I guess I’ll never understand why strangers comments will matter when clearly an opinion has already been formed & based on that opinion I say return it & move on.

I have one speedy b in DA. Yes the canvas is “thin” feeling but as I’ve commented before the difference in canvas feel between bags is more due to the LINING not the canvas.

The speedy b can be carried several ways & is super lightweight & very easy to carry. It’s a timeless classic style. I’m sure it will last at minimum a good decade with me.

As far as hardware - mine is still fine.
Not all bags have the same hardware either. My manhattans hardware is amazing, substantial & in like new beautiful condition. I actually haven’t had issues with the hardware on any of my LV bags.

Leather bags are heavy. My Dior feels like I have bricks in it but I don’t... I’ll suffer for it though:smile:

If you don’t feel the value just return the bag & maybe buy a nice LV leather bag at of course a much larger price tag even on the resale market. Good luck.