Good topcoat

Bay

O.G.
Feb 7, 2007
I've tried to use soooo many different topcoats..since it's supposed to make your nailpolish last longer..for me it has to opposite effect. With topcoat on it chips off the next day!!

What topcoats do you ladies recomend?

Believe it or not, I have tried probably 40 differnet topcoats over the years, and the one that works best IMO is the Avon! I do not baby my finger or toe nails by any means, and this stuff hold up like nobody's business. Between my job, housework (no dishwasher, that would be me) and a kennel, my fingers and toes take a beating on a daily basis. I can seriously get a good 5-7 days on my fingers (longer if I put another coat on around day 4 or 5). I wear flip-flops or sandals all summer and my toenails will last until I want to change color, or they grow too much! I would give it a try, and it's cheap.

I use Seche Vite, but it's really for quick drying-- I'm not convinced it makes my polish last longer.

I just tried this...I wish I knew it wasn't much of a top coat, it easily peels off your nail! and leaves the color on underneath!

So far the one I like is OPI, but I now want to try the AVON one

I use the one by Essie...it really finishes off my painted nails and makes it look like I spent $$ on a manicure.

I have used a bunch of different essie kinds in the past, but none have stood out. Which ones have you had the most success with?

Believe it or not, I have tried probably 40 differnet topcoats over the years, and the one that works best IMO is the Avon! I do not baby my finger or toe nails by any means, and this stuff hold up like nobody's business. Between my job, housework (no dishwasher, that would be me) and a kennel, my fingers and toes take a beating on a daily basis. I can seriously get a good 5-7 days on my fingers (longer if I put another coat on around day 4 or 5). I wear flip-flops or sandals all summer and my toenails will last until I want to change color, or they grow too much! I would give it a try, and it's cheap.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this one out.

The best top coat out there is from Star Nail it is the Fast Set Express Polish Cure Top Coat. I have been doing nails for 8 years and this stuff is wonderful it last about 5 to 6 days without any chipping. It is a bit pricey but well worth it.

My favorite is one by Sally Hansen, it's both a base coat and a top coat. But I still love it. I put on 2 coats over my nail polish and so far it's giving me manicures that last at least 7-10 days.