Good steam cleaners for carpets and dog stains?

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
My older dog is on his way..sad to say..after 14 AMAZIng years.Perfect dog.
He is now having alot of accidents and i need to get a carpet cleaner?
Any recommendations for a good one that gets dog stains out?My house REEEKS right now and i JUST had them cleaned 2 days ago professionally!

sorry to hear about your doggie.

you may want to consider getting a potty belt. we got some for our dogs when they were puppies. you just put a feminine pad inside and velcro around them. it catches the accidents.

i like nature's miracle stain & odor remover. i usually spot treat before i steam clean.

I don't have a carpet cleaner but I highly recommend Resolve Pet Stain Remover. It's in a red spray bottle and I can usually get it at Target. Personally I think it works better than anything else on the market.

Sorry to hear about your pup!

I have a Bissell SpotBot for cleaning up my cat's accidents.. but he mostly has issues with #2, and I haven't used it on urine yet. I like it because you can either set it down over a stain and program it to clean up the stain, or you can use the manual attachment and scrub the area yourself.
http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-SpotBot-Hands-Free-Compact-1200B/dp/B000ASDCXY

There are a few different versions of it, but I personally have the blue pet version.. don't know the differences between them as it was a gift so I didn't do the research myself.

We have an older Bissell upright steam cleaner that I use when someone has a mishap. We bought it at our old apartment and used it on the carpets just because they were dirty, but it works great for pet stains and odors and it is still going strong after 8 or 9 years. I've tried the pet version carpet shampoos they make, but wasn't overly thrilled. Now I buy either the pet stain/odor enzyme stuff (like Nature's Miracle) and load into the "shampoo" portion, or if it is an emergency, I've used white vinegar with a small squirt of dish soap, which also seems to work really well.

I have tried all the carpet cleaners at this point....lol.
I'm actually gonna order a spot bot and see how it works...wish me luck!
Thanks for all your suggestions!! Appreciate it

Yup, another vote for the spot bot - works great on all types of stains. Best part is, after filling the tank with cleaner, you just set the spot bot on the stain, hit the button and it does all the work for you!