Good restaurant in Paris

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
I'm going to Paris for three nights with my fiance soon and although I have been a few times before that was when we were both students so it's different now and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good restaurants, somewhere a bit special where the Parisians eat... please let me know!:yes:

Also, has anyone stayed at the Prince Des Galles hotel?

Jill and I had lunch at the absolute CUTEST cafe called ANGELINAS..I beleive on the Champs Elysee..There was a HUGE line to get in but totally worth it.The best pastries,and hot chocolate too!

Hello Jill! Angelinas is actually on Rue Rivoli right across from Jardin de Tuileries. Their Chocolat Chaud Africain is to die for! They have good breakfast items too and if you go early, you may avoid the line. I went there on a fall morning and there was no line, hardly any people and lots of tables to choose from.

Rosierosana, there's also Deux Magots and Café de Flore but these are tourist magnets. I did, however, enjoy a meal at Au Pied de Cochon on Rue Coquilliere and it wasn't very expensive. They are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Where else in Paris can you find that? ;)

Chez Flottes for the best oysters in the world - on the rue cambon - Boeuf sur le toit, 34 rue du Colisee for the best of everything. I'm there twice a year and I never miss these two (as well as cafe Marley in the Louvre).

Our favorite restaurant in Paris is Le Coupe Chou. It's very rustic and romantic. It's in the Latin Quarter. Website: Restaurant Le Coupe-Chou - Quartier Latin à Paris

Oh, and the food is delicious, too.

I second Coupe-Chou. It's charming. Angelina's is great for a break or snack, but the service can be hit or miss and the food is so-so for the price.

If you want to go somewhere really good for lunch, go to Laduree on r. Bonaparte. Skip the Madeleine location unless you want to watch a chorus line of mice entertain you on the dining room floor.