Good quality leggings and tights

ricera

Apr 22, 2008
I'm looking for some quality leggings and tights. I also want a waistband soft enough that it doesn't cause the dreaded muffin top :blush: since I'm hoping to wear them under some very fitted dresses. I'm 5'7'', usually wear a 2-4, and can't seem to find a good fit. I've heard falke and wolford are decent but I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on this forum since everyone here is so knowledgeable and discerning. Does anybody have any favorites? Thanks a lot.

The easiest way to get around the waistband problem is to wear stockings and a suspender (garter) belt.

The other option is to get something like Spanx, which are designed to smooth everything out and some of them sit a little higher.

Wolford is awesome! They are kind of pricey but worth it.
I also own Splendid leggings which are okay but I wouldn't buy them again ($50.)
Suprisingly Lauren Conrad has some nice leggings in her line. I love those.
Then just on the cheap, I picked up a couple from Nordstrom in the BP department and like them too.

My favorites are Falke the waistband is comfortable, on the cheaper side I also like the Nordstrom house brand.

Not a fan of Wolford, they fit me weird. The crotch sags and they are too high waisted for me.

ETA: I have a pair of Cotton Donna Karan tights that I love, so comfortable for fall/winter. But the cotton is starting to pill after one winter of use.

Last edited:
I agree with the Falke, and Wolford but I recently just purchased some leggings from a line called LNA. They have zippers at the bottom, and caught my eye because they different; they're also a little cheaper than Falke, 109.00
irissinger_2003_173153007

pic courtesy of singer22.com

Last edited: