good cleanser and moisturizer for combination skin?

Amanda, I absolutely love Cetaphil!!! Not made for clearing up blemishes but it does make your skin sooo sliky smooth.

Also, I religiously use MaryKay Time Wise Cleanser and Moisturizer for Combination Skin. Fairly inexpensive and a GREAT product. They have an other formula - I'd highly recommend either of them to anyone!

(p.s. - I don't even sell MaryKay! Just heart their products!)

LeaD said:
Amanda, I absolutely love Cetaphil!!! Not made for clearing up blemishes but it does make your skin sooo sliky smooth.

Also, I religiously use MaryKay Time Wise Cleanser and Moisturizer for Combination Skin. Fairly inexpensive and a GREAT product. They have an other formula - I'd highly recommend either of them to anyone!

(p.s. - I don't even sell MaryKay! Just heart their products!)

I use to be a skin care snob. I thought the more expensive the better the stuff. Which is somewhat true but then my room mate who sold Mary Kay had me try the stuff and I got hooked. Loved it and now sell it myself.

One thing that really helps oily skin is moisturizing it. Most people don't because they think that would CAUSE it to be oilier. The fact is, your face PUMPS out oil to help moisturize itself!

My husband when I met him had OILY skin. His mother had bad skin, so did his father--great! I hated rubbing up against him becuase he waws so greasy! I insisted he start washing and moisturizing and now he is a believer. He walks around base with his pink Mary Kay products (actually they have a line for men too now).

MK has many different lines for different type skins. I know it has an old clown lady stigma but you should try it, it's not what it use to be!

And most of their stuff for oily skin has a nice matting finish so you feel powedery fresh! :smile:

Good luck girls!

Tanja said:
I had exactly the same problem with the Biotherm products. Now I use the Shiseido Skincare line which is just excellent for all skin types. I have combination skin like you and I use the gentle cleansing foam, the hydro balance softener and as a moisturizer I have the light moisturizer for the day and the normal moisturizer for night. My skin looks very nice now and I don't have any problems with my t-zone and the dry cheeks anymore.

the skincare lady at nordstrom took me right to the shiseido today when i explained my problem, and that's what i ended up getting! i looooove the little brush that they have for the foaming cleanser, it seems like just what i need. i didn't buy a moisturizer because i want to try the sample she gave me of the shiseido moisturizer before i buy one. thanks again for all the recs, ladies!

I know this might be a tad too late, but for what it's worth, I would highly recommend La Prairie. I have tried MANY ranges and La Prairie has helped my skin like no other. I love La Mer too, but for your skin type, I would probably say La Prairie is best.
The La Prairie SA'S are usually excellent at giving samples. I went to the counter at my nearest department store and told the SA that I had no intention of buying anything until I had tried some samples and the sweetie gave me a whole bag full of stuff like the eye contour cream, some serums, moisturisers and eye gel. I was delighted and after many months now of using it I have nearly the whole range and am still loving it! :love:
Good luck with finding a range that suits you, but please give La Prairie a try if you can! xx

Chloe*Starlet said:
I know this might be a tad too late, but for what it's worth, I would highly recommend La Prairie. I have tried MANY ranges and La Prairie has helped my skin like no other. I love La Mer too, but for your skin type, I would probably say La Prairie is best.
The La Prairie SA'S are usually excellent at giving samples. I went to the counter at my nearest department store and told the SA that I had no intention of buying anything until I had tried some samples and the sweetie gave me a whole bag full of stuff like the eye contour cream, some serums, moisturisers and eye gel. I was delighted and after many months now of using it I have nearly the whole range and am still loving it! :love:
Good luck with finding a range that suits you, but please give La Prairie a try if you can! xx

i'll give them a shot! the mall i went to today doesn't carry them, but next time i'm in Atlanta, i'll be sure to get some samples.

Big fan of jurlique but it does get pricey. Found an awesome new cleanser over the weekend- Patricia Wexler's Antiaging Cleanser. Doesn't dry you out but takes everything off! And it's $18!

so i've tried the cleanser with the little brush, plus the samples they gave me of the toner, moisturizer, and eye cream, and i must say, my skin feels superb so far! much better than it has with anything else recently, so i may be going back to buy the rest of the stuff soon, lol.

amanda,
I totally second the shiseido products -- are they from the pureness line? I recently changed my skincare line to the shiseido pureness line and I LOVE it!!! (I used to use Darphin, and before that Sisley)

Like a lot of things, skincare is down to personal preference. My mum is a complete 'label junky' but even though she has tried a lot of expensive ranges, she always goes back to cheap and cheerful nivea because it makes her skin look the best.

I have tried many ranges like Chanel, Kiehls, Eve lom, Dr brandt, Philosophy, Clinique, Dr Hausakha (sp), Dior and many others. I now just use whatevers good for my skin and isn't going to break me out.
I still like to experiment with new ranges though and see whats out there. I have juust bought some of the new leaf and rusher face wash which is really nice and I tried a face exfoliator from Yves Saint Laurent that is heaven!

i use oil of olay moisturizers( 7 effects) for day with sun protection and for night(the black one) it did wonders to my skin..
for the black heads im using netrogina(sp?) daily scrub for black heads..it leaves ur skin so soft..
u should give it a go..

ladies, if i wake up the next couple days just like i woke up today, i'm going back to buy the toner and moisturizer! i'm naturally kind of blotchy and pink, and this morning my skintone has evened noticably and i'm glowing! plus my sking is SO SOFT. yay! i love shiseido!