Good alternative to Chloe Edith?

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I am dying for this bag <---- but my checkbook is screaming NO. Is there a similar styled bag (NO FAKES) from a different designer that my be a bit more affordable? I am looking for a whisky or chocolate brown color (preferably whisky).

TIA! :smile:

Club Monaco has a bag that's "inspired" by the Edith, but it doesn't have that outer pocket, just an outer zip pocket. I think there's a photo of the bag in the September Shop Etc magazine.

Or you can see it on the Club Monaco website:

Lookbook - spring 2006 - Club Monaco

You need to "flip" through the lookbook to the accessories page which is after all the women's & men's clothing sections.

We need more threads like this. Now that I am liquidating my Balenciaga bags and trying to keep to a budget, I need to see more threads about good quality bags that remind us a bit of a certain style without being faked, and good prices of course. I gotta behave myself financially but I still HAVE to buy new bags! Just not $1000+ ones each time.....

Might check on Besso bags. They make good quality leather renditions of designer bags.

kathleen said:
I think my Rebecca Minkoff is a good trade.
: : FunkyLala.com : : I really like it and it has held up well for a semester. You can also get it from anthropologie. it doesn't have the outside pocket but it does have the same "sensible" stying.

Kathleen,
I was just going to suggest yours! I think it is really similar in terms of vibe, and Minkoff bags are really fantastic, imo!
Tami

Becca,
Here is the link where Kathleen posted photos of her Minkoff tote:
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/rebecca-minkoff-leather-tote-in-chocolate-pictures-23367.html?highlight=minkoff
Tami

that carla mancini looks like a nice leather, but somehow the marriage between edith and balenciaga seemd too overwhelming to me.

the rebecca minkoff is cuter. i love the tote style :P

I have a Club Monaco Killa which has a Chloe look (not the Edith style but uses the same little details as the paddies). The leather is a little hard but it's gotten softer since I've been using it. It's a huge bag, good for those who carry around a lot of paperwork. Here's how it looks on me (I'm 5'2"):

Attachments

• DSC_00092.JPG
    DSC_00092.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 104