Golden Goose

Thanks for your response! That’s a good point about how they complement each other and you can tell they’re part of the same pair. Maybe they’ll work for me!
I tried a different size as well, my Superstars are a 36 but they’re a bit big on me so I ordered a 35 this time. My heel slides around a lot and I think a 35 would be better. The sizing seems a bit all over the place so maybe I’ll get it right this time. I have a pair of slides that are a 35 and they’re a much better fit. I’m thinking that for once I’ll get the sizing right and I’ll dislike the shoe! Lol!
Let us know what you decide when you get them!! :biggrin:

Reactions: mary333
Shopbop is doing 25% off but honestly if you’re looking for a specific pair there’s usually better deals to be had. What pairs are you considering?
Thanks I'll look!

I'd love a pair of Ballstar's that aren't too plain but totally practical so I can wear with everything. Or plain colors suede Superstars; NM had a great pair last year in a pale grey suede, I'm so mad I didn't buy! SOOOO much comfier than the leather Superstars.

like these maybe:
https://www.intermixonline.com/gold...p8ghL1QQspOUXbxdcOQE9I6UpXnTZtfxoCj30QAvD_BwE

or these:
https://www.goldengoose.com/us/en/superstar-sneakers-in-suede-leather--cod-G35WS590.P88.html

Thanks I'll look!

I'd love a pair of Ballstar's that aren't too plain but totally practical so I can wear with everything. Or plain colors suede Superstars; NM had a great pair last year in a pale grey suede, I'm so mad I didn't buy! SOOOO much comfier than the leather Superstars.

like these maybe:
https://www.intermixonline.com/gold...p8ghL1QQspOUXbxdcOQE9I6UpXnTZtfxoCj30QAvD_BwE

or these:
https://www.goldengoose.com/us/en/superstar-sneakers-in-suede-leather--cod-G35WS590.P88.html
Going to send you a message!

Reactions: Swanky
F3D86F0F-7CCF-406E-BB7F-BEB60427CA75.jpeg I posted a while back about ordering a pair of GG sneakers from Farfetch and they only showed one shoe and when I found them on the GG site I could see they were mismatched. Well I received them and they’re great! They match quite well and don’t look like I am wearing two different shoes thankfully!

I find myself to be between two sizes in Superstars. In Slides I am a 35 and they are perfect but in Superstars I would do better with a 35 1/2 but they don’t make half sizes all we all know. (I am a 6 in every other shoe) My Superstars are all 36’s but they stretch a bit over time and they’re not perfect. So this time I ordered a 35 and here are my results.....

I found a great deal on Farfetch so I decided to experiment a bit. The 35’s are better in the length but they squeeze my toes which is unbearable. Since I can’t go anywhere because of Coronavirus I’ve been wearing my new sneakers in the house. I’ve gone back and forth with thinking the shoes have stretched and they’re decent and then I feel cranky and angry because my toes are smushed. So I took some drastic measures. (I guess I could go to a cobbler and get them stretched but I’m not leaving the house.) I read many sites about stretching leather shoes, GG, sneakers, everything. I put a hairdryer for a few seconds in the shoes and then wore thick socks around the house to stretch the leather, that wasn’t very helpful. What completely transformed my shoes was filling a small ziploc bag halfway or less with water and making sure it was in the toe of the shoe and freezing it overnight. The water expanded and stretched the shoe beautifully! I did it a few nights in a row and angled the water to rest where the shoe was the tightest. After four nights the toe box is perfect! If anyone is truly interested in this long post and wants to see pictures I will post pictures. The shoes never got wet! I’m not sure they could have survived that, I was very careful.

Thank you for reading all this and don’t tolerate pinched toes in your GG! The leather is remarkable and can stretch to accommodate your toes.

Interesting! I’m trying to follow... you froze the baggie of water IN the shoe?

Swanky, here are some pictures of the process. It works like I can’t even believe. It took about 4 nights for the toe box to widen to my liking. I took them out of the freezer every morning and wore them around the house until I froze them again at night. It’s a great distraction during this Coronavirus time. It was my project! 0DB509CA-27A0-446E-BEAF-82B931FF348D.jpeg399BF35A-4E3D-44EF-8028-4805D869EEA9.jpeg599FD3D8-5726-4DC4-9715-D9600321C4A1.jpeg

Swanky, here are some pictures of the process. It works like I can’t even believe. It took about 4 nights for the toe box to widen to my liking. I took them out of the freezer every morning and wore them around the house until I froze them again at night. It’s a great distraction during this Coronavirus time. It was my project! View attachment 4723810View attachment 4723811View attachment 4723812

Thanks, that's what I was picturing! I was just not sure the effect of a freezer on the leather. Mine are so stiff already despite wearing plenty over the past 6 months. Freezing them sounds like it could make that worse!

Thanks, that's what I was picturing! I was just not sure the effect of a freezer on the leather. Mine are so stiff already despite wearing plenty over the past 6 months. Freezing them sounds like it could make that worse!

Swanky, I understand your worry about freezing them but mine are perfect. They are a million times better actually! They are comfortable! The leather didn’t change at all. I found this idea from googling stretching shoes and it seems to be something a lot of people do to their shoes. The leather was stiff when I first took it out of the freezer and then softened up nicely.

But of course only do what you’re comfortable with! From now on I will only buy 35’s in the Superstar and I will stretch them all out. They’re a million times better for me than the 36’s. Let me know if you end up trying it! And thanks for responding to my post!

Reactions: Swanky