Golden Goose

Sizing help needed please! US 7 is my normal size in most all brands of sneakers and I take a 37 in Superstars. However, I have to size down to a 36 in Slides. Would that be necessary to do with Mid Stars or are they typically more true to size? TIA!
I'm a 7.5; I size up to 38 in SS or I can't deal with how uncomfortable they are, and I wear 37 in Mids/ Slides and Ballstars
all my midstars and superstars are the same size and I have several pairs.
I size up in SS because I find them so stiff and uncomfy - everyone is so different!

Reactions: debsmith
I'm a 7.5; I size up to 38 in SS or I can't deal with how uncomfortable they are, and I wear 37 in Mids/ Slides and Ballstars

I size up in SS because I find them so stiff and uncomfy - everyone is so different!
That's funny. I once tried a 38 in superstars and they were HUGE. Probably bc I'm a true woman's US size 7. Half sizing and GG can be tricky since they only have whole.

Sizing help needed please! US 7 is my normal size in most all brands of sneakers and I take a 37 in Superstars. However, I have to size down to a 36 in Slides. Would that be necessary to do with Mid Stars or are they typically more true to size? TIA!
Hi! I also have to size down in my sabot slides, except for the ones with shearling. I wear my normal size in superstar, mid star, and hi star. Hope this helps!

My cobbler in London did a very good job, they patched up the hole on the sole with an extra layer of silicon/rubber material and they put a new sole on top of it. They confirmed what I already suspected - these shoes come apart sooner than others, because of the way they are constructed. If you check the sole, you see that a white 'ribbon/tape' goes around the side of the sole, and this is made of a very soft material and wears down fast with walking. The cobbler put a new sole on it but they put it on top of this ribbon/tape, basically this white "ribbon/tape" is now not in contact with the street.

sorry, i know i didn't explain it well and didn't use proper names for the parts of the shoes

• Insightful
Reactions: Glam_Mum♡
My cobbler in London did a very good job, they patched up the hole on the sole with an extra layer of silicon/rubber material and they put a new sole on top of it. They confirmed what I already suspected - these shoes come apart sooner than others, because of the way they are constructed. If you check the sole, you see that a white 'ribbon/tape' goes around the side of the sole, and this is made of a very soft material and wears down fast with walking. The cobbler put a new sole on it but they put it on top of this ribbon/tape, basically this white "ribbon/tape" is now not in contact with the street.

sorry, i know i didn't explain it well and didn't use proper names for the parts of the shoes
That sounds great! I'm glad you could restore your trainers! Would you share the details of the cobbler who saved them (I'm in London too). I have two pairs that I would love to fix as they are truly the most comfortable shoes out there :heart: Xx