Gold rubbing off from your Luxe Bowler??

oreocat

Sep 18, 2006
I bought a Gold Luxe Bowler in May and was sooo careful with the bag, wouldn't let it touch the floor or let people rub against in the subway or mall (yes, call me paranoid :nuts: )

Still, within a month's time a lot of the gold was rubbing off on the bottom and CORNERS (especially the parts near the CHAIN!!!) :wtf: I got so worried and scare that it would get much worse that I'd just stoped using the bag all together! It's been sleeping in my closet ever since June. :sad:

I remembered also seeing the "wear" on several other metalic displays in the boutique. Has this happen to anyone else's metallic Luxe? What did you do with yours? Can the boutique repair it?

no problem, it was probably starting to get old.
The bottom line is Chanel WILL take care of you regarding this.
I have a Metallic Black and it's still pristine after months of usage, I think it was just the one color that had issues.

Yes, I think it was just the gold also because I have had no problems at all with my metallic silver bowler and I have been using it since April. Bring it back to the store where it was purchased from!

Hi clk55girl: You're from OC too? I got mine at the Chanel boutique in SouthCoast back in May and haven't carried it since June. I wonder if they will still honor the "recall" after so long?

BTW, what about the f/w 06-07 gold bowlers? Does anyone know if it still has the same problem or it's been corrected? Thanks!

Take it back. I took mine back to Neimans. Neimans sent it to the repair department in New York. I think they were going to try to repair it and return it to me, but I talked them into giving me store credit instead.

Wow.. that's great to know! Thanks girls! Smoothoprter: did they tell you how long the repair was going to be? Because I really love the gold bowler (I would still pick it over anything else they have now) and also it was a b'day gift from my husband so it would be kind of wrong for me to return or get something different. Does anyone know if Chanel has come out with the new and improved version of the gold bowler? that won't rub off? Cuz then I would love to just exchange for one of those!! :yahoo:

Hi clk55girl: You're from OC too? I got mine at the Chanel boutique in SouthCoast back in May and haven't carried it since June. I wonder if they will still honor the "recall" after so long?

BTW, what about the f/w 06-07 gold bowlers? Does anyone know if it still has the same problem or it's been corrected? Thanks!

Hi oreocat! Yes, I live in OC also. I ordered my silver bowler from Chanel SoHo in April and the leather is still pristine. I know that there's another SILVER bowler coming out for either cruise or spring 07 with the deerskin leather, not sure about the gold though. See if they can give you a store credit, I think that the warranty is for a year.

Smoothoprter, really? So which bag did you get instead? :smile:
I'll be taking the bag back next month (didn't think i'll be carrying it at all so I just left it at my parent's house... smart eh?) They are going to bring it to CA for me around Thanksgiving time. I wonder what other chanel bags are as cute as this one?? Any suggestions? (Eventho I'd probably still love the gold bowler the MOST!! :love: )

Btw, thanks sooooooo much for letting me know about the recall. Without u girls, my bowler would still be sitting in the closet weeping :balloon::flowers: