Gold pushlocks on blake

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
I just bought a gorgeous preloved black soft calf blake from Fall 07 and it's in perfect condition other than some pen marks on the inside brown suede and a little silver showing through on the gold pushlocks. Other than that, she's a beauty..Is there something that can be done to get out the pen marks, but more importantly to make the pushlocks look brand new? TIA!

Attachments

• DSC06099.JPG
    DSC06099.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 71
Polishing cloths are great for removing tarnish and light scratches but I don't think they will put the color back on your hardware. ;) If the gold has worn off there may be nothing you can do short of replacing the pushlocks.

As for the pen marks, if they are minor I would suggest a suede brush and eraser. With some effort the marks should fade and possibly even disappear. Good luck! :flowers:

Thanks Melly-I just bought a suede brush/eraser too..as for the pushlocks, I don't think it's noticeable. I'm just so careful and picky with my bags that I notice everything..I'm going to try the cloths to shine them up a bit. Maybe it won't be as noticeable then..I just hope the cloths don't further strip the gold off..

I used Amodex ink remover on the inside of a light colored MJ bag and it worked well, I was surprised. I don't know the policy for MJ to replace the hardware but I have seen home jewelry plating kits before although I haven't looked lately.

ooh, sorry. i missed the part where you said there was color loss. diego might be able to send you an extra pushlock then you can take it to a leather repair shop to have it replaced. it's an '06 bag, so it's outside of mj's warranty. you can always email and ask if diego will take it. sometimes he makes exceptions.