Going to get rhinoplasty in 5 days!

Omg thank you. You're helping me tremendously right now. I was so worried it would be 15%... hmmm I'm curious how much my bank would charge for conversion rate. Do you know on average how much banks would charge for conversion rate? Sorry for all the dumb questions :sad:

Oops sorry I looked into it more and clinics will actually charge a transactional fee of 10-20% for credit cards [emoji24] ask if your clinic will waive this fee. The bank itself would be 3%-5% [emoji24]

Reactions: itsangie123
Oops sorry I looked into it more and clinics will actually charge a transactional fee of 10-20% for credit cards [emoji24] ask if your clinic will waive this fee. The bank itself would be 3%-5% [emoji24]
Aw ok thank you for helping. Do you know when you got your surgery if they took wire transfers from the US? Or if they take checks? Or were the only options for payment were cash or card?

OOOH nice! I was cosidering a few different places, GNG Hospital being one of them. You're right tho, I think JW and DA are too promoted on here and a lot of clinics seem to photoshop their before and after too. Let us know how it goes at april. I recommend stocking up on bromine? (not sure if i spelled it right) before going to Korea. I have heard it helps a lot with swelling though

I'll be going to Korea soon this weekend. Any tips or advice for pre-op & post-op rhinoplasty? This is my first surgery and I'm really nervous yet excited at the same time. I have consultations at April 31, MVP, and GNG hospital. Leaning towards April 31 since I've seen the most positive reviews and saw good results from other girls on PF. Any other advice or tips before & after surgery would be nice ^^

I too am looking into getting a rhinoplasty (will leaning more towards tip-pasty) at the clinics you mentioned. Please update us as you go. I have contacted MVP through their kakao and got a quick reply and was told to email them my info and photos and its been more then a week and still no reply. Will probably trying contacting them again through kakao. Good luck on your procedure and may you have a quick recovery. If anyone has other recommendation for rhinoplasty clinics please let me know. Thanks!!

Okay first of all there are no such thing as Check system
second even though you call out bank in the states to clarify that you can withdraw much as you want
Korean ATM machine will block you to withdraw only 700,000KRW~1,000,000KRW in a day

second even though you call out bank in the states to clarify that you can withdraw much as you want
Korean ATM machine will block you to withdraw only 700,000KRW~1,000,000KRW in a day

The Korean banks has a limit of 1 million Korean won per transaction but you can do it multiple times as long as the ATM has the bank notes. The most I have withdrawn was 3 million in one day at a bank ATM so I don't really know the limit.

Last edited:
The Korean banks has a limit of 1 million Korean won per transaction but you can do it multiple times as long as the ATM has the bank notes. The most I have withdrawn was 3 million in one day at a bank ATM so I don't really know the limit.

I had plan to take cash and do currency exchange in korea. Is this the best method? And where is and has the best rate for currency exchange if you know. Thanks!

I had plan to take cash and do currency exchange in korea. Is this the best method? And where is and has the best rate for currency exchange if you know. Thanks!

Yeah, that's the best way to get the highest exchange rate. I did a currency exchange in Myeongdong because of all the recommendations on here and the rate was pretty good. My dad has said he always exchanges at Namdaemun since it also has good rates. The rates at the banks are average but not terrible. Just remember to bring you're passport when exchanging.

Good luck for rhino!! I would say post-op care is really important, especially cleaning inside the nostrils where the stitches are. I made a mistake and stuck the cotton bud way up my nose to clean instead lol. Don't worry about stitch removal at all, it's pretty painless. One thing is that after your nose cast is removed, your nose might look super high and upturned like it did for me. I did freak out a bit but it became a lot more natural and pretty after about 10 days.

I personally didn't have gauze inserted into my nose after surgery because I stayed overnight due to FC, but I heard it's quite difficult to sleep the first night just breathing through your mouth [emoji21] stay strong~

I blogged quite a bit about my rhinoplasty and have pics, so please feel free to PM me if you want to see/have any questions ^^
Wow @trini707 I just read your blog! Great result! Okay so far I have read a great review on Dr Park dream medical for revision rhino by kcouture, a great rhino blog review on Dr Seo of MVP by Rebecca smittenkitten and seen ohaoilos and owlgore's results by PM and now Trini your review of your rhino with Dr Lee at Banobagi. Thank you for writing a detailed review of your PS journey Trini! I have bookmarked it. I see you then flew back to London! That's my city!

Reactions: trini707
I'm from Seattle (USA). I'm not sure for eyes or for fat injections. I Only research for rhinoplasty. I'll be doing the surgery the next day after the consultations, so I'll have to decide that following day. I'm really leaning towards April 31 due to seeing numerous amounts of peoples work satisfied with their results (through PF and Kakao). I don't care too much for sites Before & after pictures since most are photoshopped and its another marketing strategy. I feel confident in Dr. Kim (April 31) work since most people go to him for secondary rhinoplasty after getting their initial rhino from Dream, JW, etc.. April is known to be the most expensive, but lots of people tell me its crucial to find a good doctor that you can trust because the reality is, there is a lot of people who are not content with their primary rhinoplasty. So they ended up wasting a lot more money and time. Just do a lot of research on this forum and other sites. Be cautious there's a lot of promoters on here for their clinic especially DA, so you have to be able to differentiate who's real & who's a promoter. Some girls got botched jobs from DA & JW recently. If people recently leave negative reviews about a surgeon, I would cross them out and not consider them. Good luck on your research and surgery!
Good luck @itsangie123! Look forward to see your results with Dr Kim of April31.

Wow @trini707 I just read your blog! Great result! Okay so far I have read a great review on Dr Park dream medical for revision rhino by kcouture, a great rhino blog review on Dr Seo of MVP by Rebecca smittenkitten and seen ohaoilos and owlgore's results by PM and now Trini your review of your rhino with Dr Lee at Banobagi. Thank you for writing a detailed review of your PS journey Trini! I have bookmarked it. I see you then flew back to London! That's my city!

Thanks for reading my blog! I've always looked up to you for giving amazing advice on PS [emoji4] I still have a lot to write because I'm going back to Korea again in March [emoji18] I'm living in London ^^ I'm a 3rd year at UCL

Reactions: MissOrange
Thanks for reading my blog! I've always looked up to you for giving amazing advice on PS [emoji4] I still have a lot to write because I'm going back to Korea again in March [emoji18] I'm living in London ^^ I'm a 3rd year at UCL
UCL is at the upper end of Tottenham Court Road. I regularly eat at Seoul Bakery off Tottenham Court Road on Great Russell Street as it reminds me of Seoul and I get to eat Korean food! The staff don't mind me speaking broken Korean (trying to teach myself by watching Korean youtube movies). I am Korean but can't cook either. I force my English husband to cook me bibimbap and chapchae. ;). Why are you going back to Korea in March? You don't need anything more done. In my opinion thread acculift is very temporary and not dramatic. And you are wayyyy too young for mini smas. Just exercise your face muscles. I am constantly talking (poor husband) which exercises my face and neck muscles so that my skin doesn't sag. Your nose is beautiful! Mine is a bit short but I know the tip will droop over time. Your facial contour is perfect and such a dramatic difference already. Plastic surgery can be addictive so be careful. I say stop now as your face will change again in your mid 20s and 30+. Good luck with your studies! All 3 of my daughters are at university and all 3 refuse plastic surgery even when I offer to pay!