Travel Going to Czech Republic in August!

Apr 25, 2007
I am so excited that I am going to the Czech Republic for 10 days in August :biggrin: I will be going to Prague and Brno. I am staying with a friend who lives in Brno. Does anyone know of any MUST SEE places/things in these areas? Also, any other smaller cities that I should visit? He told me to make a list of all the things I want to see :graucho:

prague is a gorgeous city! one thing that BF and i did that was really moving was going to the terezin camp.. it was a transfer/housing point for many people who went to auschwitz. it is out in the country side - you can only get there by bus. make sure you know for sure what time the last bus comes... otherwise you will be stranded (like we were, haha).

the bridge is gorgeous, as is the john lennon wall. if you are jewish.. the Josefov or jewish quarter is amazing. all of the synogauges are simply stunning. the pinkas synogogue was one of the most moving yet absolutely depressing things of our entire trip - it listed all of the names of the victims of the haulocast in prague. just moving, and sad... i think we walked out of there and got a drink.

ANYWAY! prague is really, really beautiful. the old clock is amazing too. no matter what have fun. :smile:

I love Prague. I went with my mom and we stayed 9 days and loved it--go on tours they are offered everywhere. I hated the food but found nice italian and one mexican place to eat enjoy!!!

Prague is absolutely beautiful...probably will always be my favorite place in Europe. Definitely visit the castle, walk on the bridge and there is a beautiful restaurant with views of the castle lit up at night. I'll have to dbl ck the name.
Venture into one of the little taverns for a delicious, inexpensive meal...it was fun trying something new.

When i went to Prague for a vacation i went to these ff places:

Prague Castle
Cathedral
Strahou Monestary
Loreta
Charles Bridge
The old town
Astronomical Clock
Chuch of our lady
Muska Museum
Powder Tower
Dancing house