Globetrotter in Buffle Gala - destroyed!!

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
My 12 month old Globetrotter in Buffle Gala has really not weathered well at all. It has been placed in my hand bag with the usual things in there - coins and a hairbrush etc.
The leather has been marked all over (by way of indentation and scratching) and even light contact with a fingernail leaves an indent and mark. My chevre bearn, left in the same bag, has no marks at all. Maybe this is just what I should have expected from this leather, I bought it without having researched it really. Does anyone know whether it could be fixed in anyway or whether it develops a patina, like box? Should I try Docrides treatment?

It does develop a patina, but marks, color transfers do not come off unfortunately. I learned this the hard way. If anyone does get Buffle Gala in a small accessory, they should get it in black or stick to box if they have to have a smooth leather. Lighter/neutral shades do not show wear well in BG. I would definitely bring it in to the spa though--they may be able to clean it up a bit.

Knapsu-mine is noissette. I would 100% avoid this leather. I have Ardennes, barenia, chevre, evercalf, clemence and box (that I'm scared of!). All the rest are a million times better than BG
Thanks for th advice Orchid. I might see what a spa would do.

I have a wallet in this leather (also in noisette) and it looks awful. I am very careful with my H stuff but this has not worn nicely at all. It is only a few months old but looks years old. definently AVOID this leather!