Glazing on Pocket Organizer

nmb86

O.G.
Nov 24, 2009
My boyfriend showed me his pocket organizer yesterday and I noticed what looks like some peeling/issues with the glazing on the top and bottom folds. Would you consider this just wear and tear or something that I should have an SA take a look at? He purchased it last May, so it’s almost 8 months old. Thanks everyone! [emoji4]
9b032be3ff8f00d49638f6277f568b91.jpg
d8c2f428a19f1483d22f737aa6e654d7.jpg
9f1f0358c71effb1be8d82a01ee1eeb3.jpg

All my husbands LV wallets eventually developed this problem. But I feel it was basic wear and tear from opening and closing the wallets, stuffing his wallet too much and pulling it in and out of his jeans. His were mush older but wear will happen with age.

Great to hear they are taking care of you on this issue. It is quite common, but 8 months does seem premature. I got mine last February and the glazing still looks great. So funny, this came up last week when a new LV buyer was inquiring about this piece and it’s durabity. Canvas is great, so long as you watch the glazing, its kryptonite for lack of a better word.

Reactions: nmb86
All my husbands LV wallets eventually developed this problem. But I feel it was basic wear and tear from opening and closing the wallets, stuffing his wallet too much and pulling it in and out of his jeans. His were mush older but wear will happen with age.
I resemble that. I can’t believe LV is replacing something which, I too thought would be normal wear and tear! I guess that’s why LV doesn’t have any sales. :lol: They wouldn’t be able to make any money to offset all the returns which are replaced by new products.

I resemble that. I can’t believe LV is replacing something which, I too thought would be normal wear and tear! I guess that’s why LV doesn’t have any sales. :lol: They wouldn’t be able to make any money to offset all the returns which are replaced by new products.
Let’s be honest, the markups are so high on each individual piece that I’m sure it doesn’t affect their bottom line as much as one may think. With that said, I can understand why they may limit the amount of damaged/defective returns. Even though it may cost more to repair, it’s not a good idea to train customers they can always give a replacement. Once out of hand, then I can see profit margins fall rather quickly. In this case, however, given the fact the piece is in otherwise great condition, it should have been replaced.

Let’s be honest, the markups are so high on each individual piece that I’m sure it doesn’t affect their bottom line as much as one may think. With that said, I can understand why they may limit the amount of damaged/defective returns. Even though it may cost more to repair, it’s not a good idea to train customers they can always give a replacement. Once out of hand, then I can see profit margins fall rather quickly. In this case, however, given the fact the piece is in otherwise great condition, it should have been replaced.
Hadn’t thought about that (highlighted above).