Glamlock Club Thread: show us your glamlocks!

I'm new to the forum and this is my first Valentino. (I absolutely love it)

But one question though about the chain strap. I'm quite short and the chain works perfectly when worn crossbody but it's a bit long when worn over the shoulder. Is there a way to shorten the strap? Or any tips how you wearing it? Any help is appreciated
Congrats on your first Valentino bag - brilliant choice of colour there ;)
Just sharing my personal experience - I'm quite short too (150cm - almost 5') and do agree it's a bit long when worn over the shoulder. After a while I kinda got used to its length to be honest. With the chain length potentially digging into the leather I wouldn't risk double wrapping it to shorten the chain length like people do with the Chanel minis or WOCs. It's still cute worn crossbody or handheld.

Reactions: Sina08
I'm new to the forum and this is my first Valentino. (I absolutely love it)

But one question though about the chain strap. I'm quite short and the chain works perfectly when worn crossbody but it's a bit long when worn over the shoulder. Is there a way to shorten the strap? Or any tips how you wearing it? Any help is appreciated

You can wear it double strap over the shoulder...if you prefer single strap over the shoulder, i think you can loop the chain another round through the rings to make it a bit shorter.

Reactions: Sina08
Congrats on your first Valentino bag - brilliant choice of colour there ;)
Just sharing my personal experience - I'm quite short too (150cm - almost 5') and do agree it's a bit long when worn over the shoulder. After a while I kinda got used to its length to be honest. With the chain length potentially digging into the leather I wouldn't risk double wrapping it to shorten the chain length like people do with the Chanel minis or WOCs. It's still cute worn crossbody or handheld.

Thank you, I'm absolutely in love :smile:
Seems we're about the same height.
I must say that I kind of got used to it too. Took it almost everywhere the past few days, and I just wore it crossbody. (Looks more casual and is still so, so gorgeous)

Thank you, I'm absolutely in love :smile:
Seems we're about the same height.
I must say that I kind of got used to it too. Took it almost everywhere the past few days, and I just wore it crossbody. (Looks more casual and is still so, so gorgeous)
I realise I completely forgot about the double chain option (that you can wear on the shoulder!), like another poster suggested above!
I love the Glam Lock in that it adds a little glam (hence the name) to even a casual outfit ;)

You can wear it double strap over the shoulder...if you prefer single strap over the shoulder, i think you can loop the chain another round through the rings to make it a bit shorter.

Thanks for your advice!
Yeah, I tried that with the chain but thought I didn't really like the "heavy" look of it. But I actually got used to the chain length now and am wearing it mostly crossbody.

I realise I completely forgot about the double chain option (that you can wear on the shoulder!), like another poster suggested above!
I love the Glam Lock in that it adds a little glam (hence the name) to even a casual outfit ;)
Guess that's the obvious one. I tried that too, but I think I prefer wearing it single strap.
And you're absolutely right, it's beautifully eye catching when wearing a casual outfit.

Reactions: iykyk
Revisiting this thread and seeing everyone's beautiful new glam lock makes me wanna pull out mine to use this weekend!
At least the weather is supposed to be much better this weekend! :happydance: It's been so cold!
I've finally got around to putting protector on mine, so have been thinking dinner out Friday or this weekend for it's maiden voyage :yahoo:

View attachment 3687609
My new Poudre Lock Bag fresh for Spring from Net A Porter [emoji7][emoji7]

So gorgeous!!!! :hbeat: