Glam tote new / older difference

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
Anyone have both the original and a new glam tote ? Is there a difference in the length of the handles? I tried one on yesterday and they seem shorter on the new one ...

angelic*ruin

Colorblocked
O.G.
Apr 7, 2007
Ohio
I have one of the older Op Art glam totes as well as the new Snow Bunny glam tote and the length of handles are the same.

dawnqueenb69

Feb 9, 2006
~New Hampshire~
I (think) it may be the way the straps go around the *older* style glam.I'm not sure, but for the most part, they are the same.I personally love the older style for a few reasons.The first being, I love the *D* ring, I like the 2 smaller pockets on the front, and I like how the straps go around the entire bag!

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
^^ I like the older stay better for the most part. I agree about the two smaller pockets. I never looked in the newer style when I was @coach. It doesnt have a d ring ?
I like the newer one, the way the handles are attached, its easier to attach a charm.. it wont slide around the handles like the older one.

dawnqueenb69

Feb 9, 2006
~New Hampshire~
^^ I like the older stay better for the most part. I agree about the two smaller pockets. I never looked in the newer style when I was @coach. It doesnt have a d ring ?
I like the newer one, the way the handles are attached, its easier to attach a charm.. it wont slide around the handles like the older one.
No D ring, none of the newer bags have them! But I do agree with you on the charm deal.I just attach my ladybug or whatever charm I'm using to the zipper ring or to one of the 2 smaller pocket rings if that makes sense.

ejoy43

Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
Jan 29, 2009
So Cal 562
I agree, I like the way the newer straps are. They aren't stitched onto the bag and the hardware rings allow for the straps to have more flexibility. I just got the snow bunny Glam and it's so amazing. I love it!

Bag Fetish

Iphone Addict!
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
the land of cold!
No D ring, none of the newer bags have them! But I do agree with you on the charm deal.I just attach my ladybug or whatever charm I'm using to the zipper ring or to one of the 2 smaller pocket rings if that makes sense.
I do the same, I have had my cherry charm attached to the zipper pull and a teddy bear key ring attached to the front pocket.
I'd miss the D ring for sure. I tend to use it when I travel and attach my wristlet to it.

I guess now (with the new bag) you'd have to use the inside zipper pull.

happybag

I shop for sport
Jan 3, 2010
twitter.com
I compared an older-style and newer-style Glam at the outlet recently. The newer one's strap drop seemed to be a tad longer, or maybe it just fit on my shoulder more easily due to added flexibility from the rings. Also, the newer-style bag was a tad wider at the base.

I prefer the newer-style Glam. I like the single large outside pocket more than the two small ones, but that's just me. The lack of the D-ring is a bummer, though. Some of the more recent older-style Glams also do not have D rings. Example (NMA): http://cgi.ebay.com/Coach-Poppy-Glam-Signature-Scarf-Print-Multi-Tote-Bag-/110611134622