Glam tote "Mandatory" ;)

Mama20

Oct 16, 2012
Does everyone "NEED"/have a glam tote? I am still am searching for that bag that I don't have to baby & read about the glam tote as THE bag...does everyone have one in their collection? Just wondering where to prioritize it in my must get next looooonng list! Thanks for any comments...just wondering- when I should be CLEANING! :smile:

i have an ikat glam tote....and its my go to bag for when i'm traveling (used it last summer for my St. Louis trip and only brought that 1 bag) or when i dont wanna worry about scratching my leather legacy bags....i love the Glam totes b/c they're big, fit nicely on my shoulder, has a nice big outside zipper pocket, and just fits comfortably when stuffed.

i also had a large patent leather Zoe that i loved and was my main bag but i ended up selling it for a Legacy bag...but if you're not into the Glam totes then i'd look into the Zoes....mine was a MFF Zoe but i loved it b/c it had only 1 shoulder strap and was so comfy. I used it in Vegas and it was the best bag to carry what i needed and since it was patent i didn't care if it was raining outside (which our weather in AR is crazy).

i have an ikat glam tote....and its my go to bag for when i'm traveling (used it last summer for my St. Louis trip and only brought that 1 bag) or when i dont wanna worry about scratching my leather legacy bags....i love the Glam totes b/c they're big, fit nicely on my shoulder, has a nice big outside zipper pocket, and just fits comfortably when stuffed.

i also had a large patent leather Zoe that i loved and was my main bag but i ended up selling it for a Legacy bag...but if you're not into the Glam totes then i'd look into the Zoes....mine was a MFF Zoe but i loved it b/c it had only 1 shoulder strap and was so comfy. I used it in Vegas and it was the best bag to carry what i needed and since it was patent i didn't care if it was raining outside (which our weather in AR is crazy).

Thanks girl- that's what I want it for too...travel, less worry, & roomy bag! I might just snatch one soon so I can HOPEFULLY stop looking for the next bag- other than the ones with tags in my closet! ;)

theres different versions of the glam totes though!! the first ones i love (i got my phone one for Mothers day and she loves it and i sometimes borrow it too lol) it has 2 small zippers on the outside....i like it b/c the length between the straps are a good size (if that makes sense)....then the ones that came over seem like it shrunk and the lenght between the straps were smaller...like it was a bit annoying to throw it on my shoulder without having to manuver it.....the ikat i have now has thinner straps but i love it and its still comfy and has enough give to throw it on my shoulder with a jacket on and not worry about it not fitting nice....

i'll try to add a picture of what i mean

I own Two! Khaki/Petal Pink and Khaki/Bronze and they are the best throw around throw everything in bag! I use them often, traveling, out for the day. My father recently had major annurism surgery and the week I spent at the hospital with my mom was a long one. The Glam tote, held everything, water, snacks, nook, ipad, etc. I purchased both bags over a year ago and they will ALWAYS be a part of my collection! HTH ;)

image-4043410976.jpg

^^^heres the ikat glam....this has a great gap in between to easily throw on

image-585193298.jpg

^^this is the first glam (i believe)...i got my mom a blue one and it fits great too. love the zippers to throw some change and chapstick but they're not as useful.

image-3787285234.jpg

^^these glams with the full zippers are the ones that i fill are too tight...at least for me?? they're a bit of a snug fit and give me trouble to easily throw on my shoulder when i'm leaving....but thats MHO

**** i just grabbed the pics from GOOGLE....not my pics

My daughters have several that they use for school. I had one I used on a trip but I couldn't justify keeping it since that is the only time I would use it. They are lightweight, hold everything and fit comfortably on your shoulder, but I didn't love carrying it like I do my other purses.

I'm in the minority- I bought a glam tote and ended up returning it. For my use/preference, the straps seemed a bit short and I prefer a more open main compartment. The glam has the zipped top and I prefer a breakaway zipper or open top for this type of bag.

I have the anthracite leather glam and love it. The leather seems like it will hold up well and feels durable even though it's metallic. I paired it with the Madison silver dotted wallet that I use with my Isabelle and it looks great. I'd get one, it has many uses: with kids, travel or work. I love mine!

I have the anthracite leather glam and love it. The leather seems like it will hold up well and feels durable even though it's metallic. I paired it with the Madison silver dotted wallet that I use with my Isabelle and it looks great. I'd get one, it has many uses: with kids, travel or work. I love mine!

oh yea!! ive seen this bag and its STUNNIN!!

I don't have a glam tote, but I did just buy an amazing tote. The new med e/w city tote in camel/coral. I just wanted a carefree, all weather tote that holds whatever I may need. I love it and it does seem very durable!
It is leather and I just figured it will hold up better than a signature tote.

But you really can't go wrong with a glam tote either. From what I've seen, they are a great seller for coach. I'm sharing a picture of my e/w city tote.

I hope you enjoy whatever you decide will work best for you :smile:

Attachments

• user409762_pic100895_1361228153.jpg
    user409762_pic100895_1361228153.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 445
I think some sort of lightweight, comfortable, low-maintenance tote is essential for any collection. If you won't be using it a ton, then a glam is a good option because they are at the low end of the price scale (as far as Coach goes anyway). I have three. I bought my first to be my knockaround travel bag, but ended up liking it so much I bought more and used them as everyday bags. The saffiano is also a good option. There are some coated canvas totes too, which would fit the bill as well. They are hard to find on the site, but if you search for "ticking stripe" you'll get to them.

I agree- great "mom" bag, lol! I have the navy leather glam and have used it for shopping and travel. I have 2 young kids ;)