Givenchy Pandora

Get the small. Based on your post, I think it will be the best fit. Mytheresa has average prices. I just mentioned in post above of a 10% off code so if you can save some $, why not?

Thanks! I think you're right - the more pictures I see, the more I think the small seems more appropriate...

For some reason, when I look at Netaporter, I can't see more than one in the small and it's way more expensive than mytheresa...it could be because I'm in Australia. I'll keep searching but thanks for helping me narrow it down!!!

Thanks! I think you're right - the more pictures I see, the more I think the small seems more appropriate...

For some reason, when I look at Netaporter, I can't see more than one in the small and it's way more expensive than mytheresa...it could be because I'm in Australia. I'll keep searching but thanks for helping me narrow it down!!!
Oh yeah, Australia is hard to shop for luxury. Get it where you can at best prices. I think Ive read posts by Aussies on where they shop. Try searching beforehand. Good luck and you'll love the panda.

Oh yeah, Australia is hard to shop for luxury. Get it where you can at best prices. I think Ive read posts by Aussies on where they shop. Try searching beforehand. Good luck and you'll love the panda.

Indeed - online is really the best option...takes hours of googling, I tells ya! And sometimes a forwarding company in the US!

So far My Theresa is the winning option for my small panda in a light grey...but I've only googled for a couple of hours so far :smile:

Get the small. Based on your post, I think it will be the best fit. Mytheresa has average prices. I just mentioned in post above of a 10% off code so if you can save some $, why not?

Thanks again for your advice. I took your advice and went with the small. Ended up getting it in charcoal, which is what I wanted, on www.*******.com.au with a 20% discount and free shipping. Not too shabby!

I would like to echo @Kmora in that the pepe is not as long-lasting as you think it would be. The goatskin is by far more durable and maintenance-free thanks to the thickness and the quality of the leather. I usually baby my bags, but with this one, I don't have to at all. I have even walked in the rain ( not monsoon) with the bag , and it came out fine as long as you wiped it dry as soon as you can ( don't let it sit around soaking the moisture).

Here's a pic of my medium Pandora in oxblood soaking in the sun. If I can , I would like to add more Pandoras to my collection , but the price is getting a lil OTT.image2 (2).JPG

@missjesf, AHHH! We're bag twins!! It's a wonderful bag!!! You take awesome photos!

@Kmora, I've had mine since 2012 and been using it quite often. Here is a photo of mine taken minutes ago. It seriously does not look like it aged one bit! Leather looks scratch free and shiny.. hardware has zero dings. I don't baby my bags when wearing and this bag has never been pre-treated or cleaned (lol).

If anything changed, I would say that the bag got a little bit softer and "smooshier" over the years.

Among all my designer bags, Givenchy has proven to be the most durable and hassle free, in my opinion. Especially this croc embossed pandora, and my lambskin nightingale. All very durable. I would rank them on top, a touch above Balenciaga City bags, when it comes to longevity and durability. (some balenciaga colors fade a little, hence a mark down).

My LV bags usually end up with problems (scratches, stains, Discolored hardware, zippers falling, etc); and my Chanel bags also have issues like denting, visible scratches, bag losing shape, etc.

Also from my experience, Givenchy sheepskin Pepe bags are not as "long lasting". My Pepe leather discolored (from tan to caramel - not so bad) and the bottom got very dirty. I couldn't get the dark parts out. So I wouldn't recommend Pepe all that much, even though I think it's quite beautiful. (I would buy Pepe again in a heartbeat if I stumble upon it on sale, though! It's that beautiful!)

I hope all this info helped in case you were looking to buy a croc-embossed Givenchy!

View attachment 3624810

I know there a lot of posts about this already, but I'm really stuck and hoping for some advice.

I am about to buy a pandora but am agonising about whether to get the small or the medium, so deciding between these two:
http://www.mytheresa.com/int_en/pandora-small-leather-shoulder-bag-523073.html
http://www.mytheresa.com/int_en/pandora-medium-leather-shoulder-bag-600689.html

I already own a little pandora wristlet in black and just love it...I now want a good, casual bag that I can wear on my shoulder.

I'm just under 5"1' (so short!) and have quite a small build...so that leads me to think that the small would be better. But I hear that the small may be difficult to get things in and out of (the wristlet is certainly like that but worth the bother!). I also don't want to wear it with a shoulder strap - I want to wear it on my shoulder by the top handle - will that work with the small or do I need the medium for that?

I look at all the pictures of the models wearing the small and it looks little...but then they're all tall and I am definitely not!

Can anyone help me decide? Also, are the My Theresa prices good?

I personally am not a fan of the small. Originally I thought that was the one I wanted but when I went to look at them in shop, the medium looked so much nicer with the style. Also because it lays so nice and does not box out like the image, it doesn't appear to be very big

I have it in black Pepe and I love the edgy look! I bought mine from a Italian boutique online and they had a 20% off code so I ended up saving like $600 when all said and done. I found the boutiques name on far fetch and another tip is reach out to givenchy and ask the name of some of their retailers in Italy and then reach out to those directly. I find they often have 15% signup discounts

Hi all, I am *thisclose* to ordering my first Pandora online. I just have two questions I was hoping someone could answer for me:

1. Do all new pandoras come with a leather swatch? The description doesn't mention that a leather swatch is included, just the strap, dustbag, and card.
2. Do seasonal style pandoras go on sale? I read in the thread above that the classic black never goes on sale. There are some seasonal styles in the department stores now. Will they go on sale, and if so, do you know about when (like around Memorial Day maybe?), and generally how much off would they go for (25-30%, 50%, or even more than 50% off)?

I just can't decide whether to buy now or wait for a sale....but if there isn't going to be a sale, or if the sale isn't really substantial, I really really want to buy now :giggle:

(As an aside, I also cannot decide between the small and the medium! All of my bags are "small", so I'm kind of wanting a bigger bag. I think the medium is more popular with most people as well. I think I'm going with the medium. I hope I like it!! I guess I can always get a small one later.)

Thank you so much, I love this forum!!!

I personally am not a fan of the small. Originally I thought that was the one I wanted but when I went to look at them in shop, the medium looked so much nicer with the style. Also because it lays so nice and does not box out like the image, it doesn't appear to be very big

I have it in black Pepe and I love the edgy look! I bought mine from a Italian boutique online and they had a 20% off code so I ended up saving like $600 when all said and done. I found the boutiques name on far fetch and another tip is reach out to givenchy and ask the name of some of their retailers in Italy and then reach out to those directly. I find they often have 15% signup discounts
Thank you for these tips! I just recently starting looking on far fetch. How did you find the boutique name? When I click on a bag it just tells me which country it is from.

Also, when you say to reach out to Givenchy, do you mean just call their customer service number and ask for their retailers in Italy?

Thanks for your input on the small. I thought that was the one I wanted too, but I keep thinking the medium just looks so much more slouchy. Also, with the small, doesn't the handle have to lay over the top of the bag? You can't really fold it back behind the bag like you can on the medium right? Doesn't the handle of the small get in the way when you want to open the bag?

IMG_1491379173.505215.jpgIMG_1491379184.121436.jpg

My navy blue mini panda [emoji7]

Does anybody else have issues with sagging when carrying the bag crossbody & there's not a ton of things inside the bag? Unless I fully stuff the bag, it just sags and won't hold the box shape.

Reactions: Kmora
Hi all, I am *thisclose* to ordering my first Pandora online. I just have two questions I was hoping someone could answer for me:

1. Do all new pandoras come with a leather swatch? The description doesn't mention that a leather swatch is included, just the strap, dustbag, and card.
2. Do seasonal style pandoras go on sale? I read in the thread above that the classic black never goes on sale. There are some seasonal styles in the department stores now. Will they go on sale, and if so, do you know about when (like around Memorial Day maybe?), and generally how much off would they go for (25-30%, 50%, or even more than 50% off)?

I just can't decide whether to buy now or wait for a sale....but if there isn't going to be a sale, or if the sale isn't really substantial, I really really want to buy now :giggle:

(As an aside, I also cannot decide between the small and the medium! All of my bags are "small", so I'm kind of wanting a bigger bag. I think the medium is more popular with most people as well. I think I'm going with the medium. I hope I like it!! I guess I can always get a small one later.)

Thank you so much, I love this forum!!!
Welcome and the panda is a great choice, one of my faves. Yes, all new bags should have a swatch.

Seasonal colors do go on sale but usually they dont last past 30 or 40% off. If you are looking for black, I'd recommend not waiting for sale, unless Giv decides to make a change to the overall design of pandas, then it doesnt go on sale.

Medium is the way to go, and have you decided on leather type?

View attachment 3657326View attachment 3657327

My navy blue mini panda [emoji7]

Does anybody else have issues with sagging when carrying the bag crossbody & there's not a ton of things inside the bag? Unless I fully stuff the bag, it just sags and won't hold the box shape.
The panda isnt a structured bag so it may not keep its shape, esp if you wear it daily. If its new and you haven't put that much into it and it's completely misshapened, then you might have gotten a batch of softer goat leather, but even for myself, I dont see a perfect box shape when I carry mine.

Welcome and the panda is a great choice, one of my faves. Yes, all new bags should have a swatch.

Seasonal colors do go on sale but usually they dont last past 30 or 40% off. If you are looking for black, I'd recommend not waiting for sale, unless Giv decides to make a change to the overall design of pandas, then it doesnt go on sale.

Medium is the way to go, and have you decided on leather type?

Thanks for your response randr21!!

I am SO SO SO SO happy with my beautiful new medium pandora in smooth calfskin (it is exactly the leather I wanted, so soft and smooth)!!!

(I didn't wait for a sale:smile:)

IMG_1491448352.321060.jpg