Givenchy Medium ID Bag

Details from Givenchy website.

Medium ID soft bag in shiny crackled eggplant leather with flap and magnetic Double G clasp in satin-finish gold metal, V-shaped topstitching on the front, smooth black leather pieces on the sides, and removable handle in black leather and black canvas with embroidered gray GIVENCHY signature to carry it by hand. Chain and black leather shoulder strap to wear it across the body, or on the shoulder by doubling the chain. Gold GIVENCHY PARIS signature on the flap. One slanted zippered pocket with blue grosgrain zipper pull and black leather reinforcements in the back. One large main compartment and one zippered pocket inside.

Product code: BB50C4B0S5-542
Composition: 100% calfskin leather. Lining: 100% cotton.

SIZE & FIT

Dimensions: Length 29 cm X Height 11 cm X Depth 22 cm

OTHER

Country of origin: Italy.

I posted actual pics of this bag in the blue colour when I saw it....for some strange reason it got moved to the "ID this bag" thread.

The leather is thinner vs the mystic.

I posted actual pics of this bag in the blue colour when I saw it....for some strange reason it got moved to the "ID this bag" thread.

The leather is thinner vs the mystic.
I get the sense that its following in the steps of Chanel 19 and YSL Niki bags.

I noticed several of the new styles introduced since CWK took over as creative director have not had made as much impact on consumers as the ones before her tenure. Although sometimes it does take a while before a bag takes off like the ant.

That's definitely true....I got the aubergine version and my friend told me it's like the YSL Niki....the ID is definitely more structured. I saw someone carrying the Niki and the flap wasn't keeping it's shape! I've had mine for a month now, it's very light and you can carry it 3 ways (crossbody, as a shoulder bag like the Niki and carry it by the smaller handle which you can detach as well).

ID in medium next to med Ant

374EB815-0BB1-406D-A672-B31D622BAEA8.jpeg

The bag is pretty roomy for its size. You can slip a phone in the back pocket (I have an older iPhone but I think bigger ones might fit).
B915A14E-9143-47F7-9712-3316D8CEB2E1.jpeg 0D2B8660-391D-408B-ADCA-0AE17310451E.jpeg 060038E9-6CAA-4136-9B09-6D12A7C92903.jpeg

There's a slip pocket for receipts/papers and a smaller one for a card although I am not sure what you would put in there!
AB420BA9-B635-40EC-B258-020565BCFC31.jpeg 17AD8844-B6ED-4F72-8F5D-E6835CC44864.jpeg

That's definitely true....I got the aubergine version and my friend told me it's like the YSL Niki....the ID is definitely more structured. I saw someone carrying the Niki and the flap wasn't keeping it's shape! I've had mine for a month now, it's very light and you can carry it 3 ways (crossbody, as a shoulder bag like the Niki and carry it by the smaller handle which you can detach as well).

View attachment 4654207

The bag is pretty roomy for its size. You can slip a phone in the back pocket (I have an older iPhone but I think bigger ones might fit).
View attachment 4654208 View attachment 4654209 View attachment 4654210

There's a slip pocket for receipts/papers and a smaller one for a card although I am not sure what you would put in there!
View attachment 4654211 View attachment 4654212
That zipper in the back is :tup: I like this. I don't think it looks like a YSL Niki at all. This one is a lot more business-like.

I am lusting after this exact bag. Have you been pleased with it? Anything to be aware of?

Hi! I love it but I find the leather is not as thick as some of the other Givenchy bags like the Mystic. It is pretty light but it gets annoying to close when the bag is not stuffed (I've had times where I've struggled to close the flap) enough. I've also found the bottom sags if you don't balance what you have inside (I just line the bottom with my folded eco bags).

I do like I can wear it crossbody (I'm 5'1 for reference), on my shoulders or hold it in my hands or the crook of my arm. You can take the smaller handle off but the chain stays. HTH!

I pulled the trigger and got the Givenchy ID bag and as you stated, it is pretty soft. Anyone have a recommendation for a specific bag liner? None of the sites I checked have this bag named so don’t know which one to buy. Thanks

I pulled the trigger and got the Givenchy ID bag and as you stated, it is pretty soft. Anyone have a recommendation for a specific bag liner? None of the sites I checked have this bag named so don’t know which one to buy. Thanks

I've heard many buy from amazon, but a "name brand" one is samorga, tho I dont know if they make one for the ID bag, so you'd probably need to get a customized one.

I have bought from Original Club and like them. They also do customized inserts.
I'd suggest take a paper bag from whole foods, or anything that's structured n thicker, then line it inside your bag to figure out the dimensions. Like origami, then flatten it for l x w x h. If u r buying felt insert, take into consideration that its thicker so you might want to reduce by a few millimeters all around so it'll leave some space all around so u can get it in n out easier.

I don't have a bag liner for my ID bag...I've lined the bottom with my reusable bags (folded - they're square shaped) for now and so far so good! I'm probably just going to look for cardboard and wrap that up so it won't stain the lining. I haven't really been fully stuffing the bag so it hasn't been sagging.

I've heard many buy from amazon, but a "name brand" one is samorga, tho I dont know if they make one for the ID bag, so you'd probably need to get a customized one.

I have bought from Original Club and like them. They also do customized inserts.
I'd suggest take a paper bag from whole foods, or anything that's structured n thicker, then line it inside your bag to figure out the dimensions. Like origami, then flatten it for l x w x h. If u r buying felt insert, take into consideration that its thicker so you might want to reduce by a few millimeters all around so it'll leave some space all around so u can get it in n out easier.
Thank you for the great feedback.

Hi I just got the bag in black and gold. I really love it, I am going to use it for work, I special love that it is so light, I have a vintage Gucci hysteria for my work-bag now, I love this bag, but it is a bit heavy. I also have a Chanel jumbo vintage and it is way to heavy for me. I am looking forward to use it for work, for now it is been used for every day.

I do agree the looking is a bit anoying, but I think you will get use to it, I had the same problem with my Gucci marmont, it took some ime to get used to. I had a couble of weeks very I was in doubt if I should keep the bag,

View attachment 4654207

View attachment 4654208 View attachment 4654209 View attachment 4654210

View attachment 4654211 View attachment 4654212
How is the wear and tear on this bag? Is it durable enough to use everyday??