Givenchy gv3 - why isn’t this bag so hot ?

I had this in the orangeish color. I gave it up after one use because the long strap was just too long for my taste and was not adjustable. It hung in an awkward sort of way when I wear it by the short chain strap. Removing the long leather strap also made it look "lonely". Then I was not comfortable with my stuff almost dropping out when i failed to close the front clasp properly...the bag would gape especially since it was sort of accordion pleated when not closed and worn by the strap.
I still find it so beautiful though and still draws my eye everytime I pass one by the boutique but sadly Im certain i wont be repurchasing it in the future.

I had this in the orangeish color. I gave it up after one use because the long strap was just too long for my taste and was not adjustable. It hung in an awkward sort of way when I wear it by the short chain strap. Removing the long leather strap also made it look "lonely". Then I was not comfortable with my stuff almost dropping out when i failed to close the front clasp properly...the bag would gape especially since it was sort of accordion pleated when not closed and worn by the strap.
I still find it so beautiful though and still draws my eye everytime I pass one by the boutique but sadly Im certain i wont be repurchasing it in the future.
Actually, I returned mine as well. Mainly bc I think the clasp to open and close was very finicky. Like you had to align or squeeze it just so or else it wont lock to close. Dont know if it was defective, but since there wasn't another one in stock, I decided to forgo. Mine was the small. Did u have a similar experience?

Actually, I returned mine as well. Mainly bc I think the clasp to open and close was very finicky. Like you had to align or squeeze it just so or else it wont lock to close. Dont know if it was defective, but since there wasn't another one in stock, I decided to forgo. Mine was the small. Did u have a similar experience?
I dont think think it was defective...just made that way and yes like you, I found it too finicky...causes the bag to tip over and gape widely if not closed properly. :sad:

If you don't hear the clasp click the bag definitely opens on it's own because of the accordion design if you're using the leather strap.

If you don't hear the clasp click the bag definitely opens on it's own because of the accordion design if you're using the leather strap.
I was trying to close it with the bag lying down on my sofa and it took me several minutes. I just unboxed it, didn't even put anything in or tried it with the crossbody strap on. If the clasp doesn't work under those circumstances, I can't even imagine trying to close it filled while walking.

I was trying to close it with the bag lying down on my sofa and it took me several minutes. I just unboxed it, didn't even put anything in or tried it with the crossbody strap on. If the clasp doesn't work under those circumstances, I can't even imagine trying to close it filled while walking.
What a shame — such a beautiful bag :sad:

That's a pity! I wonder if they changed the clasp...the only time mine has opened suddenly is if I don't have the clasp properly "locked". It's definitely a nightmare when the bag accidentally flies open. :sad:

I have the mini size, not the super mini one, and it's beautiful. I think this bag i really well-designed. I especially loves the clasp. I hope Givenchy would use this clasp more in their bags in the future.
Right now I prefer to buy bags that are under the radar. That was, when the bags are not produced anymore, they would never look dated.

This is the color I own. I’ve had it about a year and a half and it’s one of my constant, go-to bags. It holds a lot for its size and is very durable. Despite constant use, it looks brand new! I’d love to get it in other colors if I didn’t have so many handbags already!

Loved reading everyone's posts... got a lot to think about! I've also admired the GV3 and came across the small in Nordstrom for a very good price. I wanted an all black (not suede) but literally 99.9999% of my bags are black and 100% are solid colors, so I snapped this up. I love the way it sits on me and it fits my massive phone, but I'm still scared of how loud the print is for me... would love to hear some opinions! For reference, I wear simple, dark solids (maybe a white shirt or red shoes to break things up but mostly black, dark gray, navy, forest green...).

Should I keep it? All help/thoughts appreciated!

20200131_195630.jpg

20200131_195641.jpg

Loved reading everyone's posts... got a lot to think about! I've also admired the GV3 and came across the small in Nordstrom for a very good price. I wanted an all black (not suede) but literally 99.9999% of my bags are black and 100% are solid colors, so I snapped this up. I love the way it sits on me and it fits my massive phone, but I'm still scared of how loud the print is for me... would love to hear some opinions! For reference, I wear simple, dark solids (maybe a white shirt or red shoes to break things up but mostly black, dark gray, navy, forest green...).

Should I keep it? All help/thoughts appreciated!

View attachment 4654281

View attachment 4654279
Definitely keep it! It would go great against a solid black outfit, will catch everybody's eye. But in a good way. Unless you don't like animal prints, but I guess if that were the case, you wouldn't have purchased the bag in the first place. I think it looks quite very edgy, but classic enough to last you a long time.

Reactions: imunlisted
Definitely keep it! It would go great against a solid black outfit, will catch everybody's eye. But in a good way. Unless you don't like animal prints, but I guess if that were the case, you wouldn't have purchased the bag in the first place. I think it looks quite very edgy, but classic enough to last you a long time.

Thank you! I've been leaning towards keeping it... I've been trying it on in front of the mirror in the mornings before I leave for work to see if it goes with what usually wear, and so far I'm batting 1000. Incidentally, I wore variations of all black or black and gray or black and brown so far this week (which is completely normal) :biggrin:. I agree that this particular animal print is more classic. I'm so glad it's in brown and black and not... neon green and black or electric pink and white; not that there's anything wrong for those that prefer/can rock that!

Hopefully I make up my mind for sure ASAP and I'll post some mod shots... :P

Reactions: IntheOcean
Finally pulled the trigger and got the GV3 in medium Red
I had similars concerns about sizing and was afraid it would be too big but it is not. It just looks bigger in the pics based on the model carrying it. However here it is next to a small Sac De Jour and you can see the actual size. The sizing is practical for a sunglass cover and a continental wallet.

Attachments

• IMG-20200122-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20200122-WA0003.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG-20200122-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20200122-WA0011.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG-20200122-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20200122-WA0008.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 117
Finally pulled the trigger and got the GV3 in medium Red
I had similars concerns about sizing and was afraid it would be too big but it is not. It just looks bigger in the pics based on the model carrying it. However here it is next to a small Sac De Jour and you can see the actual size. The sizing is practical for a sunglass cover and a continental wallet.
Such a beautiful bag, in this color - both a classic and a statement!
And your SDJ is just wow! :wtf::heart: