Giuliana Rancic

I'm happy for them - they seem like great people who would make great parents.

I have a question for anyone who knows anything about adoption - does one of the parents having had cancer so recently affect whether you can adopt? Is having a baby through a surrogate a totally different process than adoption?

Happy for them and glad they went this route. Although I do wish she would have put on some weight to try to get pregnant, she might still have had the same problems and since she already had a miscarriage I'm glad they will save themselves the heartache of possibly having another.

I'm happy for them - they seem like great people who would make great parents.

I have a question for anyone who knows anything about adoption - does one of the parents having had cancer so recently affect whether you can adopt? Is having a baby through a surrogate a totally different process than adoption?

The surrogate is totally different, yes. It's basically like you are hiring an employee, so the only person you have to answer to is yourself.

Congrats to them!]

Congrats to them.

I do hope they continue to enjoy their blessing in private. At some point, you have to say "enough is enough", everything doesn't need to be shared with the public.
And Agreed!

She did get chemo. You can not get pregnant for 3 years after chemo. She may have had light chemo/radiation. Pregnancy increases the hormone levels and can make Cancer stronger.
it's Estrogen that increases the chances and durning pregnancy Estrogen levels are even higher, so therefore the increast in cancer...

That's why with Christina Applegate, it was very risky for her to get pregnant after her cancer diagnosis.

I thought the reason why she was advised not to get pregnant for 3 - 5 years was because the increased estrogen (either naturally produced or given to her to facilitate the pregnancy, which would be require estrogen to encourage implantation of the embryo) would increase the chances that the cancer would come back.

It wasn't because of chemotherapy.
Yup

Last edited by a moderator:
This was really sweet news to hear this morning. Her body has been through enough lately, so surrogacy seems like the smart decision regardless of whether or not she'd be told to wait before trying. I'm really happy for G and Bill! :smile:

I'm so happy for them. whenever there's a great couple who really wants kids and can't have them, I think "that's not fair, too many idiots are able to procreate without even trying!" I'm not that keen on kids, the whole idea of pregnancy freaks me out, so having a surrogate actually sounds pretty great to me!
and I think it's the best solution for them. hope everything goes well.

Congrats to them.

I do hope they continue to enjoy their blessing in private. At some point, you have to say "enough is enough", everything doesn't need to be shared with the public.

And, why must she always fly into NYC and announce everything on the Today show.

I think today's announcement was timed to match their show. last week they decided to go the gestational surrogate route, and then the episode that will air tomorrow shows them getting big news from the doctor. so now that they revealed this I bet the news in the episode is the positive pregnancy. for sure the ratings for tomorrow's episode will now be higher.