"Gifts" from Cartier SAs

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm curious as to whether Cartier pays for these things and the SAs apply to give them, or if the SAs pay their own money to buy these gifts for their special clients?

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I'm curious as to whether Cartier pays for these things and the SAs apply to give them, or if the SAs pay their own money to buy these gifts for their special clients?
All luxury stores generally have budget for gifting.

Gifts would be allocated to higher spending customers or customers with potential to spend.

Gifts would be allocated to higher spending customers or customers with potential to spend.
I'm wondering who makes the decisions though: the store managers or the SAs? Some people say they spend a lot but their SA never or rarely sends them anything, while others say they get lots of gifts. I got a gift of perfume and all I bought was a $3,500 ring. Others seem to spend way more than that and get nothing.

We've only really gotten good champagne as a gift imo, no candles, scarves or dishes or anything like that; and we've spent PLENTY lol 7 purchases total I think, all diamonds except one purchase.

Gifts are given on a discretionary basis so it goes to friendly customers. It depends a lot on the rapport you build with the sales person. I have gotten nice presents after getting watches and bracelets cleaned up and nothing when buying expensive pieces.