Gift wrapping/Chanel ribbon, etc

imanda

O.G.
May 22, 2007
I was just at Hirsch's (btw their trunk show is Feb 10 from 10am to 3pm) and inquired about gift wrapping. i was told they only do the ribbons and flower if it's a classic piece--do all the stores do that? i was under the impression that when i finally buy my first Chanel that I would get the bells and whistles. I'm not planning on getting a classic piece so it was kind of a bummer. Also when I inquired about 2 bags i had seen there previously that they no longer have in stock I was told that they wouldn't get them in again...that i understand, but they can't even order them!
i wonder if i will have better luck at a dept store..?

I Did not know that departmental stores nowadays give ribbons and flowers for classics? I purchased 2 jumbos last September and never got any ribbons or flowers. I asked about this and they give the ribbon and flowers only if you purchased it from the Chanel boutique.

But I did noticed some TPF bought classics from departmental store like Saks and NM receiving the ribbons and flowers though recently. I wonder if they changed the policy now.

I Did not know that departmental stores nowadays give ribbons and flowers for classics? I purchased 2 jumbos last September and never got any ribbons or flowers. I asked about this and they the ribbon and flowers only if you purchased it from the Chanel boutique.

But I did noticed some TPF bought classics from departmental store like Saks and NM receiving the ribbons and flowers though recently. I wonder if they changed the policy now.

i noticed that too recently. i really want to experience the whole 'chanel experience' when i get my first bag...but now thinking perhaps its overrated. I keep hearing about poor customer service in the boutiques.

No department stores do all the fancy wrapping. HOWEVER I think now with the new packaging for Classics, Chanel gives them everything for them, so now Hirsh has ribbons, camelia's the black tissue and chanel sticker.

Yes, I can confirm this. It is true that they only wrap with Chanel ribbon and Camellia if it is a classic piece. I had been purchased at Saks, NM, Bloomies, and BG since they have the new black magnetic box. When Chanel started giving the new magnetic boxes to department store, they also gave them black tissues, Chanel stickers, Chanel white ribbons and white Camellia flowers. All of these dept stores wrapped my classic flap and reissue purchases with black tissues, Chanel stickers, Chanel white ribbons and white Camellia.

Got the "bells and whistles" from NM when I recently got my red caviar CF recently. Got the old black box with old black dust bag and the new packaging including ribbon and camellia. These extras are come with the classics beginning at the m/l level. Standard black box and dust bag otherwise from the dept stores.

Here is the wrap my NM SA did for me on my recently purchased classic flap...:biggrin:

029070d3-1.jpg

Got ribbon, gift wrap and camellia for GST. I said it's a gift. This is at dept store in Toronto. The SA was a pleasure to work with!
Planning to get a new GST soon so hoping it comes with all the cool wrapping. Does it come with the magnetic box or just a regular? Also is the dustbag the black Chanel or the white? I've only bought a mini flap and it came with the black box and dustbag. Thx!

got a wallet yesterday (i don't think that would be considered a "classic" piece, no?)..maybe b/c they had no other customers there, but the SA put a ribbon and one camellia on the ribbon, and even one on the bag. i didn't notice the one on the bag (we were rushing to get to lunch) until much much later that night, and my husband said the other SA standing there put it on for me.