Gift for 20 Employees

Here's the 'other side'
Do you have any employees who you know are struggling financially?

$400.00 might not mean much to many of your employees, but to a secretary or front desk gal, that would pay a couple of utilities in a month. I'm with the ladies that said visa gift card.

Or the IPad would make a big impression too! That'd be fun wathcing everyone open those. Be like Oprah's chistmas give away.

They're getting a cash bonus PLUS a $400 gift? I want to work there! :smile:

It's a tough call, b/c as much as I like jewelry, some women don't wear any. Some don't wear silver. And the pen--many would likely just put it a drawer and never use it.

Levenger's a good resource for monogram able leather office-y things.

What about two nights at a nice hotel in your town? Or: one might, dinner for two, and tickets to something, even if it's just a movie? Or an all day spa experience!

It's a fun conundrum you're in...

I'm even going to be so bold as to say: whatever their bonuses are, say you'll match them with a donation to a charity of their choice.

The employees are already receiving cash compensation, this is just an extra thoughtfulness from the managers.

My goodness, this sounds like a great firm. Company morale must be very very good :smile:

I have a set of Tiffany pens with the corporate logo on the cap. Very nice set to have!

I'm thinking either gift vouchers for Tiffany's, Apple, or a fancy steakhouse in the area.

my DH always gives cash to those working for him in the department (usually $500 in crisp $100 bills with a personal note for each person). this is in addition to whatever year-end bonus they get from the company. no gift was more anticipated or appreciated than the cash. it's just hard to find that one present that will please everyone.

Some of these suggestions make me think of how many keychains or unliked necklaces are tossed in a drawer never to be used.

My son's office had a vote on what a contest winner should receive and the IPad won hands down. Everyone either wants one or knows someone in their family who does. My kids had my IPod engraved for mother's day so they can be engraved if you really want to do that.

I need help!

I have to come up with a gift for 20 female employees and 1 male for a job well done on a recent project.

Budget: $400 per person

Something preferably engraveable.

Any thoughts?
I think you probably know enough about your team to predict what they would most appreciate. If you are looking for something to serve as a reminder, I'd go with an engraved TCO sterling pen. Personally, I prefer "experiences" such as ticket to the theater, opera, etc. But it all depends upon the team members and what you're comfortable with.