Ghastly orange glue on my Marc Jacobs....

luvtospend

What recession?
Apr 21, 2008
I'm terribly sad to discover this on my new white multipocket (see the yellow/orange glue by my thumb?)...

picture.php

same thing on the other side of the zipper....

picture.php

and another scratch....

picture.php

I know the scratches will be unavoidable once i start using it but i haven't even used it yet!

and what is up with the orange glue? Is it suppose to be like that? Did I totally buy damaged goods? Has anyone else encountered glue sticking out from their stitching?

After careful review I do note that the stitches are intact...I just don't understand the glue....

What do you guys think? :crybaby:

ps. Does anyone have any tips on how to protect the precious white leather? Do you recommend leather protector? Any particular brand?

This would bug me..I would def take it back.....this obviously sqeaked by quality control...we dole out a ton of money for these bags..it should be perfect from the start IMO..

Awww, that's not good. I'd definitely take it back and try to exchange. Let us know what happens! As far as leather protector, some swear by Apple Guard and some don't use anything. ;) I protect mine with Apple Guard rain repellent.

The orange glue would annoy me..... I know these bags are hand made etc but with the orange on white you will probabaly notice it everytime you carry it. Do you have the option of returning it / exchanging it?

did you get this bag from ebay? if so, i would ask for a full or partial refund depending on how much you like the bag. if you bought it from a store, do an exchange or return asap! good luck!

Thanks everyone for all your support. Unfortunately it's non-refundable since I got a deal from a friend of a friend. I guess I shouldn't complain since I didn't pay full price for it. I need to learn to be less anal.

Tadpolenyc - i love your quote "i'm chuck bass". I am totally hooked on GG as well! :tup: