Getting rid of leather "wrinkles"?

Morisa

Nov 5, 2011
My dooney kristen tote arrived today and it has slight wrinkles on the bottom right corner (http://imgur.com/a/8al4X). It's not terribly noticeable in the pictures, but moreso in person, and it's on the front of the bag.

Is this something that will go away with use, or do I need to apply some sort of leather conditioner to it?

you can try leather conditioner, I'm not sure what they do, but when I was in Hong Kong, you would pass by shops that said they could do certain things for your bag, including removing wrinkles and all from your bag. I've never tried it so can't say whether or not it's true

That looks to me like natural marks in the leather, which is to be expected. Celebrate the one-of-a-kind bag you have (since leather is natural and not man-made, no two hides will be the same) and wear it with pride and good health.

That looks to me like natural marks in the leather, which is to be expected. Celebrate the one-of-a-kind bag you have (since leather is natural and not man-made, no two hides will be the same) and wear it with pride and good health.

I've also noticed that this tends to happen with calfskin leather more than any other type of leather I've owned. Any guess as to why?

There is a way to minimize their depth, but it takes a bit of effort. You can iron them out, but the iron must be on the lowest setting, a clean dry white cloth must be placed between the iron and your leather bag, and gently apply pressure with the iron over the wrinkles.

You must have the ironing board beneath the wrinkles to give it a flat surface, too. If not, then you may accidentally put more wrinkles in the leather.

I did this to one of my messenger bags, and it made the wrinkles look lighter.

There is a way to minimize their depth, but it takes a bit of effort. You can iron them out, but the iron must be on the lowest setting, a clean dry white cloth must be placed between the iron and your leather bag, and gently apply pressure with the iron over the wrinkles.

You must have the ironing board beneath the wrinkles to give it a flat surface, too. If not, then you may accidentally put more wrinkles in the leather.

I did this to one of my messenger bags, and it made the wrinkles look lighter.

Hmm. Could I try to "steam" the wrinkles out like I would with a suit?

I'd return the bag before you damage it and are then unable to return it. Natural leather doesn't seem to work for you - .

I'm going to keep the bag either way, because I like the size and its function. I was just wondering if I could smooth it out a bit, but if I can't, it's not the end of the world. This bag will get abused anyway, :smile:

Hmm. Could I try to "steam" the wrinkles out like I would with a suit?

The steam will damage the leather! I forgot to mention that the iron cannot have moisture in it. It must be a dry, warm iron.

Perhaps you should return the bag if you are dissatisfied with the wrinkles. You can use the money to buy another bag that you like :smile: