getting family and friends to bid on your item.

that is DEFINITELY considered shill bidding!

i complimented a girl on her lanvin kansas bag once and we ended getting into a great conversation about bags. she mentioned she has a seafoam balenciaga that she barely used, and i suggested she put it on ebay. she went on to tell me that her/her friend REGULARLY shill bid (though she didn't use that term) on eachother's items! needless to say, the conversation ended there.

i understand we all want to get the most for our item, but to resort to this? it's cheating!

I've experienced shill bidding that I KNOW of 2 times, but I'm sure it's happend MANY more times.

It happened 2 different times, with 2 different sellers.

Both times I was bidding on a stainless steel rings that I thought were cute. However each case has one thing in common, they were from ebay jewelry stores that were stationed in Hong Kong.

I placed my bid and kept getting out bid by the 1st bidder. Well both reached my point where I wouldn't pay anymore. So I stopped bidding.

Both times MINUTES after the auction ended I got a second chance offer for the last bid amount that I placed. You know it was shilling bidding, no questions asked and it P*SSES me off!!!!!

Needless to say that I ignore the second chance offers and the seller looses my $$$$. I've never contacted them to call them out, but they get the point when they DON'T get my $$$$. If they really wanted my money then they SHOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST sellers. :yes: